Its April..anyone find "new" Mobil 1 - Turbo Diesel Truck oil...

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
there's already a couple of threads open on this. check there. I'll post there when I see it.

backhoeken

Veteran Member
Same here, went to walmart in Gardner and Westboro nothing there yet. Infact the Westboro service guy said they were not getting any until June.

Long_Range

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Sedan GL 2004
I like Mobile oils. But .

They are confusing their customers with all this relabeling.

Wall Mart? You won't find Mobile 7500 at Wall Mart either.

There are millions of gallons of Mobile 5W-40 out their for you to purchase. Look beyond Wall Mart-PRC

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Actually, Walmart is the only place I've seen the T&SUV for sale. Unfortunately, my local store has been out for quite some time.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
I think that is what I saw in Burlington Auto Supply yesterday for $6.99 a quart. How do I tell if its the "new" variety? But then I'm in East, Mass.

Diesel Addict

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI (manual)
Kragen should still have some of the old variety, but only the 1 qt. bottles. Walmart is the only one I know of that carries the 5 qt. jugs of Mobil1 oils. My impression is that the new Turbodiesel Truck oil is the same as the old 5W-40 T&SUV oil, just different packaging.

Last edited:

dabear95

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS, Silver
Long_Range said:
I like Mobile oils. But .

Wall Mart? You won't find Mobile 7500 at Wall Mart either.

Oh no, the sky is falling!! Did they stop carrying 7500? I use that in my truck.

Jason

brucep

Veteran Member
TDI
peebs4u2
SnowCub said:
How do I tell if its the "new" variety? But then I'm in East, Mass.
The relabeling is quite confusing... if you READ THE LABEL the correct stuff will say 5W40. (The wrong stuff is the T&SUV that says 5W30)

BTW.... the Mobil1 0W40 actually says it is VW505.00 approved!! (among some other VW approvals)

HAL9000

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver '01 Jetta GLS
brucep said:
BTW.... the Mobil1 0W40 actually says it is VW505.00 approved!! (among some other VW approvals)
I got tired of trying to find the T&SUV / Turbo Diesel stuff so I made an executive decision to change to Mobil 1 0w-40. At least I can always find that at several different stores. I don't have to hold my breath as I head down the oil aisle at Walmart, hoping that it's actually in stock.

tdijerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2000/ beetle/sliver
mobil 1 0w40

HAL9000 said:
I got tired of trying to find the T&SUV / Turbo Diesel stuff so I made an executive decision to change to Mobil 1 0w-40. At least I can always find that at several different stores. I don't have to hold my breath as I head down the oil aisle at Walmart, hoping that it's actually in stock.
i use the mobil 1 0w40 in my 03 beetle 2.0 gas engine.:)

Audi5000TDI

Banned
TDI
Passat, 1996, Grey
I used the mobil 1 0w-40 505.00 oil in my 1996 passat... Fuel mileage was excellent, but oil consumption past the turbo seal was quite high... a quart every 2000, versus about every 4500 to 5000 with the Rotella T synthetic.

Yes, it was that noticeable.

HAL9000

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver '01 Jetta GLS
Audi5000TDI said:
I used the mobil 1 0w-40 505.00 oil in my 1996 passat... Fuel mileage was excellent, but oil consumption past the turbo seal was quite high... a quart every 2000, versus about every 4500 to 5000 with the Rotella T synthetic.
I've read about that in more than a couple threads. My '01 barely uses oil. I think I was going thru two thirds of a quart of Mobil D1 in 10k miles. So far, after the first 1,000 miles with the 0w-40, I haven't noticed any oil loss on the dip stick. I will keep a close eye on things 'til determine a trend...

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Just got back from Wally World here in bend and they still have the not right stuff. What I would be looking for would say Turbo diesel, correct?

Note: I'm not looking for my self since I have a PD. I'm just trying to contribute some information.

DoOn't laugh, it could happen, I'm not all mindless blather.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)

vwestlife

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat TDI sedan (sold)
TornadoRed said:
It will say Turbo Diesel Truck 5w40. It SHOULD say Turbo Diesel Truck & Car!
Knowing Mobil, they will probably introduce a separate "Turbo Diesel Car" oil which is basically the same thing in a different bottle. :)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Sleet said:
Halfway through April today and still no show....

-J
According to the weather man here it is "Halfway through April today and still snow." Good thing I changed to summer tires last weekend.:eek:

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue
I haven't been reading the oil threads lately so I was unware of the Truck & SUV changes that have been a foot.

For the past year my Walmart has not had T&SUV so I've been using Rotella. No biggy but this last week I saw the familar grey bottle with yellow writing. Hot damn! So today I go out and change the trans fluid/ motor oil. I then refill the empty jug with my old oil and take it back it for recycling. While dumping in the dump tank I notice that my beloved T&SUV is labeled as 5w30!:eek: In all that is unholly in Crawford Texas, what is this crap?

So the question is, do I have to dump this New Coke version of T&SUV or will it be ok for 10K then put the Rotella back in? Can I get away with maybe a 5k change?

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
eetsoot said:
While dumping in the dump tank I notice that my beloved T&SUV is labeled as 5w30!:eek: In all that is unholly in Crawford Texas, what is this crap?
Strictly for gassers....dump away !

jasonlee

TDI
99.5 Golf TDI
I checked the Mall Wart in Lachute Quebec and they had NO turbo diesel oil and the "poor partner " told me to try in a BIG Mall Wart in Laval or Montreal . So apparently they have big Warts and small Warts and their products line differ .

HEY HEY ! :))

brucep

Veteran Member
TDI
peebs4u2
Little do ye know about Wallmart ;-)

*)There are the the common-everyday Wallmarts
*)There are the SUPER Wallmarts (Contains Grocery store, tire store, gas station and automobile service bays)
*) There are also the "Sams Clubs" which are an extension of Wallmart
*) I just saw on the news this week that Wallmart is looking to get into the finantial world of BANKING too.

I live in the LAST state to get a Wallmart and also the ONLY state without any SUPER Wallmarts.

shadowpuck

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Black Jetta GLS
dieseldorf said:
Strictly for gassers....dump away !
ack!! Not good.....My local 'Mart only had the 5w30 stuff. :(

I just changed the oil today using that.....:eek:

So, I need to go find the right stuff and do another oil change in my '02 Jetta TDI, eh?

Other than a start up to ensure level, the car hasn't been moved or run. Should I replace the filter too?

Last edited: