BRM power loss after service.

tanner

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 BRM 5-Speed, 2013 Golf TDI 6-Speed, 2011 Golf TDI 6-Speed
Okay, so I cycled key about 5 times after fuel filter change, with air filter, and cabin filter. Oil filter to be changed later.

Then my drive way is 1/4 mile long and I idled 1st gear the whole way to maybe let any air in the fuel filter canister leave.

So I go on a short drive around the block just to check everything out.

I have very low power. I believe I have a boost leak from the egr?

Either way my engines been making a swoosh sound louder than my deleted stage 2 common rail and I have photos of where the air is coming straight down from.

Also even when making the swoosh sound there's still no bite all bark so to speak.

I also have a pic of replaced air filter. Given I'm a new owner so idk how long the air filter has been or what's normal for miles on air filter.

Pics coming when I upload to photo bucket.

tanner

Veteran Member
TDI
Air coming from these first two photos straight down.

Air filter soot?

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Okay, so I cycled key about 5 times after fuel filter change, with air filter, and cabin filter. Oil filter to be changed later.

I have very low power.
Was the power OK before the fuel filter change? Do you have the early style or later style fuel filter?

Could you hear the lift pump running each time you cycled the key?

I just changed the fuel filter in my BRM a few days ago...first time for me as well...I'm a new BRM owner. My car actually had MORE power afterwards. I cycled my key more like 8-10 times, and I could hear the lift pump burping a couple times before it smoothed back out again.

Scobi-wan

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi 5 spd , slightly modified.
Delete the EGR if you don't have emissions in Alabama . You will Need a tune to clear the CEL . You could also fix the egr valve with a pretty ease fix ; just search egr valve fix.

That air filter was original it looks like ��

tanner

Veteran Member
TDI
Delete the EGR if you don't have emissions in Alabama . You will Need a tune to clear the CEL . You could also fix the egr valve with a pretty ease fix ; just search egr valve fix.

That air filter was original it looks like ��
Power was okay, nothing like the tuned CR, but IDK anyone with a BRM for comparison.

I've already ordered the cheapest race pipe and cooler delete I could find from Wolfsburg in FL.

I will be deleting the EGR with tuning, I'm looking into stage 2 with just modest driving so I don't have a situation with boost creep. This is my daily fuel saver, I have a '17 tacoma for fun times.

I'm going to contact Andrew at AArodriguiz corp / fixmyvw to see if he gives repeat customers a discount. He's been great to deal with and this will be the third car he's tuned for me.

Wow, original air filter. Holy moly.