FS 2003 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon with ALH engine

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Tiguan TDI 4Motion, Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD
[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]2003 Jetta wagon. We decided to take the plunge and buy a new 2015 TDI Sportwagen, so we are selling the ALH. I hope I don't end up regretting it! This is a really nice wagon. I bought it to replace our other wagon that had a tree fall on it during Hurricane Matthew. It was owned by the original owner up to a year ago. They sold it to a coworker who promptly bought a house and had to sell it on. So not technically, but essentially it was a one owner car. I have the service records back to the original window sticker and invoice from Jim Ellis Motors in Marietta (Atlanta) GA. It's Candy White with Beige leather interior. Current mileage is just under 234,000.[/FONT]

[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]It has Leather Package which includes (of course) leather interior, heated windshield washers, leather multi function steering wheel and heated seats. It also has factory ESP stability control and Monsoon radio. [/FONT]

[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]The original owner meticulously maintained it at every VW recommended service interval. I have service records that came with the car. The timing belt, tensioners & water pump, etc were replaced at 208,529 miles. [/FONT][FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]It also had a new battery, alternator, brakes and 2 tires around the same time. [/FONT]

[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]The body and interior are in great shape. The body is very straight with no rust at all. Headliner and door panels look great, it has monster mats and a set of factory carpet mats that look unused. It still has the cargo cover. Being a 2003, it has the later cup holder console and larger glove box with good latch. [/FONT]

[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]The bad points. The drivers seat and one rear seat have a small area of stitching that is coming loose. Not bad, but its there. The heated seats don't seem to work. Since we live in Florida, I didn't worry about it. The hood and front bumper have rock chips. The drivers door latch has a bad switch, so the interior lights do not come on when you open it. It has the OM1 auto. I'm guessing its the original transmission as there is nothing in the service records showing otherwise. It works ok, but at slower speeds hunts a bit. If you know these cars, that is fairly high mileage for an OM1. [/FONT]

[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]Bottom line, you will look long and hard to find an ALH wagon this nice. My wife has driven this as her daily driver since we got it with no issues. I changed the oil and filter (Rotella T synthetic) at 231,581, the only repair I've had to do is to install a new (genuine VW) windshield washer motor and replace the wiper blades. Jacksonville, Florida. [/FONT]

[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]I know a great car shipper who is very reasonable or depending on where you are, delivery may be possible, please inquire. I have lots of MK4 stuff I'll be selling as well including half height MFA and a full height FIS TDI cluster, 16” BBS RSII wheels and lots more. Package deals available if you are interested. Can also supply everything needed for 5 speed swap for reasonable cost.[/FONT]

[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]These are pictures are about a year old, current pics posted below.[/FONT]

[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]http://s66.photobucket.com/user/bobbiemartin/media/2003%20Jetta%20Wagon/image2_zpsgfzh0ywp.jpg.html][/URL][/FONT]

[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]http://s66.photobucket.com/user/bobbiemartin/media/2003%20Jetta%20Wagon/IMG_0871_zpsxsvqkp69.jpg.html][/URL][/FONT]

[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]http://s66.photobucket.com/user/bobbiemartin/media/2003%20Jetta%20Wagon/IMG_0876_zpsnkekr2nt.jpg.html][/URL][/FONT]

[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]http://s66.photobucket.com/user/bobbiemartin/media/2003%20Jetta%20Wagon/image33_zpsp90u2wiw.jpg.html][/URL][/FONT]

[FONT=ArialMT, sans-serif]http://s66.photobucket.com/user/bobbiemartin/media/2003%20Jetta%20Wagon/T%20Belt_zpsjf6fn6q4.jpg.html][/URL][/FONT]

Last edited:

GPOJerry

Village VW Associate Vendor
TDI
bobbie, I have a buyer with cash. can you give me a shout? I'll pm you my number here at the shop.

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
Ready to sell!

We just took delivery of a 2015 Golf Sportwagen, so I'm ready to sell this wagon. Open to reasonable offers. Here are some recent pics.

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
OK, what is a fair price for this? I'm open to offers. I currently have access to a 5 speed swap if anyone is interested in the wagon with a 5 speed, included or installed. Contact me for details.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
OK, what is a fair price for this? I'm open to offers. I currently have access to a 5 speed swap if anyone is interested in the wagon with a 5 speed, included or installed. Contact me for details.
I'd say your current asking price of $4500 is fair because that's a pretty clean wagon. Give it time, I think it will sell. As for the 5 speed swap, keep that option on the table for potential buyers. GLWS.

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
The car is no longer for sale. I've decided to swap out the automatic for a 5 speed. I may keep it for a bit and try and sell later this year.

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
The car is no longer for sale. I've decided to swap out the automatic for a 5 speed. I may keep it for a bit and try and sell later this year.
Good idea. It'll sell in a matter of minutes with a 5 speed.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
i'll be looking for it. by the time you resell, i may be interested in obtaining another wagon. :)