99 Golf IV - Interior Light Relay?

Rimv911

TDI
Golf IV 1.9 TDi
Hello everyone!

Having an issue with the interior lights. I've replaced all the stock lights to a full led interior. Some times, the lights are very very dim, emitting little to no light and now, I hear a single click under the steering column and the interior lights won't work at all (turning one of the reading lights, it turns on, though extremely dim)! Some times they work flawlessly, though more often it's either dimmed or not working, which is frusturating..

Is there an interior lights related relay under the steering wheel or is it the CCM that's causing the click and dim lights?

I'd assume if it's the CCM going bonkers it would cause more than one problem?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
There is no relay that I know of for this.
The CSCCM (Comfort System CCM) gets power from fuse 14.
If the fuse has a bad connection it could drop voltage.

You would have to measure the voltage getting to the light when it's happening.
Also when it's happening measure the voltage from the brown ground wire for the bulbs to the negative post of the battery.
I would not want to see more then a few tenths of a volt drop.

The CSCCM and the 3 dome lights ground below the left side of the dash. All brown wires.

Keep in mind if the ground wires under the battery tray are bad (dirty) then anything that grounds to the body is bad. I'm doubtful if this is where the problem is but might be worth cleaning.

Rimv911

TDI
Golf IV 1.9 TDi
Alright, so if there is now relay, only the CCM, then it's most likely bad wires to/from it or a bad ground, will have to look into it asap.

Thank you for the reply!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk