24CV Now Separate from 23U3 [California]

AoiMonkey

TDI
2012 2.0L TDI Manual
I'm writing to you to share my experience with this for California in particular.
I have a TDI 2.0L Gen 1 2012 Jetta.

24CV = Snow Flap Emissions Fix
23U3 = Emissions Fix resulting from VW Settlement (Need to file claim for this)

Initially I was told by the dealer as well as VW Claims, that both 24CV and 23U3 Emissions Recalls were bunched together and needed to both be done at the same time.

After speaking to two more VW departments, VW Customer Care confirmed that just yesterday 9/7, VW separated this recalls, allowing for the 24CV to be done without having to do 23U3.

VW Care contacted the dealer, and the dealer agrees to do only the 24CV Fix.
VW Care also confirmed with their regional case manager that by doing the 24CV fix, I'd be able to re-register my vehicle for the beginning of 2018 in the state of California.

I have an appointment next week and will let you know if anything comes up.

I've you're read this far, the reason this was a concern to me was, I am not ready yet to make a decision about either to do the Emissions Fix or do the Buy Back.
Since my understanding is that we have until 9/1/2018 to make a claim, I wanted to be sure I could still use my car if I wanted to wait until sometime in 2018 to make a decision. Having 24CV be a blocker to register the car would be a major deal, if it were to have remained as attached to 23U3 Recall (which requires one to make a claim in order for that work to be performed).

AoiMonkey

TDI
2012 2.0L TDI Manual
Ok. Well, I was able to ONLY get the 24CV done at the dealership.

Took a little under 2 hours. Looking under the hood, it's hard to spot any obvious work done in the area, so I hope they 'ACTUALLY' did it.

So, you should be able to get your dealer to only do the 24CV without having the need for it to be tied to the 23U3 (Which needs your decision and Claim# for the who emissions modification).