rattle in window control bezel

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
i have the fender system and when I listen to it loud, my driver side window control bezel rattles (very annoying). any tips on shimming it with ??? looks fragile so i don't wanna try and pry it off w/o proper tools. for now, i end up placing my hand on it to stop the rattle. :D

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
side window control bezel? The one down by the arm rest with the window switches, or up where you control the side view mirrors near the door handle?

Mr_robs

TDI
15' GSW
Mine does the same exact thing and i dont have the fender audio lol. Ive noticed if you push the switch assembly as far forwards to the front of the car i minimizes the noise. When i take off my door panel to get rid of another rattle ill be adding some felt tape under the window switch.

windcr8zy

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
I have the same problem. I'm actually taking mine in to the dealer to see if they can do anything, or at least swap out the part on the 6th.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
I have the same problem. I'm actually taking mine in to the dealer to see if they can do anything, or at least swap out the part on the 6th.
cool, keep us update. i'm glad i'm not the only one experiencing this.

BlackGolfOn17s

TDI
Golf, 2002, Black
Mine was rattling too, I took the door panel off and removed the switches from the back side. The switches are actually separate from the bezel on top. This is why it rattles, the switches vibrate in the bezel. I used some Tesa Wire Loom Harness Tape, to stop the vibration. I just put one wrap around the switches.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
Mine was rattling too, I took the door panel off and removed the switches from the back side. The switches are actually separate from the bezel on top. This is why it rattles, the switches vibrate in the bezel. I used some Tesa Wire Loom Harness Tape, to stop the vibration. I just put one wrap around the switches.
did you happen to take a pic of where you applied the tape? is it possible apply the tape by simply taking off the bezel?

thanks for the post!

windcr8zy

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
I took mine in, and the dealer said rattles are only covered for 12 months, so I'm out of luck. Will likely take it to another shop and tell them the switches aren't working to see if they'll pull the door panel off at no charge.