www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs

VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs This is a discussion about MKIII-A3/MkIII Jetta/Golf (<99.5) and B4 Passats (96,97) TDI's. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old August 24th, 2017, 20:24   #1
tbones
Veteran Member

Default Check engine light and resonance issues

Hi gang,
I just posted about my trip from MD to Maine and back, And will post a few questions I have here:
My check engine light is randomly coming on both faintly and then full brightness and then going off.
I put my old Vagcom to check for codes, and the laptop's not working well enough to tell. The car ran flawlessly, and I'm just wondering if there might be an electrical problem with that check engine light circuit.
The other issuewas a rather annoying residence at about 2000 RPM. I've read where this could be due to a buildup of soot in the downpipe, I have not had a chance to bang on it to test and see if loosening any buildup in there makes it go away.if anyone has other ideas what could cause that, I will check into that, also.
As I stated in my write up about the trip, the car performed flawlessly, and was quite enjoyable to drive, aside from these two minor issues.
If anybody has any thoughts or suggestions on either of these, I'm all ears!
Regards,
Steve
tbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 11:44   #2
dlee275

TDI(s): 96 B4V

My check engine light also has some variation in the intensity of its brightness. It stays on for a known issue I have, but sometimes it's dim, others it's fully bright, and occasionally it will go from one spectrum to the other while running. I have no other apparent issues with the cluster.
dlee275 is offline   Reply With Quote