Mk5 GTD Swap **IN THE WORKS**

absalom

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Agreed pics need to be resized. Just upload pics to Imgur, resize there, and then embed in your post.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Not trying to keep the thread derailed, but if you load pics through Tapatalk they are perfectly viewable on the app and any web browser.

Awesome build though! I'm up in Newport news somewhat often, would love to check this thing out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
Got mine running great, Thanks to Mark Malone. Clutch Trans problem was cable clip. Is very quick, doubt you could keep up with me.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I finally added you to the swap thread

Jagerauto

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Tdi
Not trying to keep the thread derailed, but if you load pics through Tapatalk they are perfectly viewable on the app and any web browser.

Awesome build though! I'm up in Newport news somewhat often, would love to check this thing out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’m not in Newport News anymore, Jacksonville, Fl.

I do upload pics through Tapatalk. Not sure what’s going on. Not too worried about it. Lol

Jagerauto

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Tdi
Got mine running great, Thanks to Mark Malone. Clutch Trans problem was cable clip. Is very quick, doubt you could keep up with me.

Doubtful. I’m running water methanol now and it’s amazing. Kerma Tune pulls much harder and I’m going to see if we can get a water methanol kill tune to see what kinda times at the track it can do.

Not to mention yours is in a jetta Vs a two door GTI.

That’s good that you got your car fixed though. Unfortunately Malone was the sole cause of mine and I’m moving on from him. Otherwise the Malone tune was great.

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
Hunter,
I got a ported head from Europe. Car was making close to 400HP. Haven't installed yet, may get injectors from over there also!

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
That sucks. I wonder if the water/meth spray hydrolocked that cylinder.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Do you have to pull the head?

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
What the hell is that?

Jagerauto

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Tdi
It’s the glow plug, the plug itself came apart. Didn’t mess the threads up, though the one was very hard to get out. Had to pull intake manifold to get it out. She’s back on the road