Do WeatherTech floor liners fit Golf TDI manual 2013

Armby

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf
I am picking up my new 2013 Golf TDI with 6 speed manual transmission today. I want to get the WeatherTech DigitalFit Floor Liners for it.

WeatherTech website doesn't yet allow you to select 2013 Golf nor can you select manual transmission on 2012 and earlier Golfs. So the question is why wouldn't they fit? What is different with the floor in a manual versus automatic?

I have searched through the forums and see lots of discussion of similar issue with Jetta but I don't see a definitive answer on Golf manuals.

I am not too concerned about the 2013 vs 2012 thing, but I am mildly concerned that there is some difference with the manual. Has anyone tried to put these in a Golf with manual transmission?

whiplash willy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 4-Door Golf TDI 6MT w/NAV & Sunroof
I just emailed weather tech about this, and they said that the liner gets in the way of the clutch pedal, and won't let you press it down all the way, which is why there is not "Manual" version on their website.

It may just be a liability thing, and may really not be an issue, but then again, it may be. I would be interested in hearing from a manual owner with them installed though.

You can see from the pic where it may be an issue for a manual car:
(granted this pic is from a MK5, but it is close enough to see)

These things protect so much better though then the stock mats, or even the monster mats. It may be worth just getting them and seeing for your self how they fit, or maybe even modifying the liner to accommodate the clutch pedal.

IMAAaron

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW - Third time's a charm
Did the research. Bought the mats. Able to confirm. It works, and they're well worth the money.

FlatLander72

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
After wearing out two sets of the TDi Monster Mats...

I bought a set for my 2012 6MT. They Fit. The clutch pedal does hit the mat. So I may have an issue down the road with clutch wear. But I am not worried about it. The travel may be limited an 1/8 of an inch, probably less.

What I know,

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
Those are nice. Do they come in black? I've been using my monster mats for a year now (I think that's what they're called), and surprisingly found signs of wear due to the soft rubber material. Not sure how long they will last.

whiplash willy

Veteran Member
TDI
Honestly, I wish my car didn't already come with the monster mats, so I could justify getting the Weather Tech Liners.... My Monsters are holding up fine, but my wife somehow manages to get mud on the carpet where the front and rear monster mats don't cover. Plus the rear mats slide out of place easily. Also, I have wear already on the carpet next to my clutch pedal. The weather techs would solve all of these problems.

lou95gts

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Don't worry if you already own monster mats. They only last about 1-2 years. Just picked up a set of the digital fit Weathertech mats. Wow nice!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Armby

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf
My WeatherTech floor liners were delivered this morning. I slipped them into my 2013 6 speed MT Golf. They fit like gloves. No issue with clutch pedal action. I don't understand why they would not want you to install in a manual. I do not see any problem. (It really must be the lawyer influence, but I would say that's misdirection). They look great and I am sure they will last.

Thanks for everyone's input.

whiplash willy

Veteran Member
TDI
I am glad they work for you. I am going to try to convince the wife to let me get a set as well, and maybe I can get some money from my monsters...The carpet wear around the clutch petal from my foot is really starting to bother me, and I want to get that area protected before I wear a hole in my carpet!