What did you do to your MK7 today?

Bam15012

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon
Buffed out a light scratch on my bumper. Found 2 small chips while detailed the car. Grr! So where is the best place to get touch-up paint?

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
She got dirty driving on country dirt road. Maybe the only time i wish I had an Alltrack

Had fun driving up north, Diesel torque is addictive.
Maybe a little too much.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Did the polyester batting fill in the Fender sound system subwoofer and it really improved and tightened up the base. No more booming. Thanks AGOODHI and 740GLE for your suggestions.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Glad it worked out, def worth the 10-15 min of someones time.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Today I gagged and stalled the engine.

Dsg box.

Fired it up, dumped reverse in a sharp turn, while still rolling back, started to turn wheels extreme other direction, 3mph? Maybe? , went into drive. Instant gag.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Lost a tailgating Corvette on an exit ramp and discovered that the GSW has a bit of oversteer at the limit, but very easy to control. Got a big smile and a thumbs up from the young 'Vette driver when he went by me in a right turn lane while I was sitting at a light.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Finally got suitable detailing weather. Got both of 'em presentable. They were both covered in yellow pollen.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Kinda wish i had a GTI. Maybe after a good tune i wouldnt feel this way but i do miss the power and scoot of my tuned BRM.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
:)

Kinda wish i had a GTI. Maybe after a good tune i wouldnt feel this way but i do miss the power and scoot of my tuned BRM.
The latest GTI has dethroned the TDI as VW's king of torque. A tune alone amps a GTI's output to 316 hp and 381 lb-ft. Add a downpipe to get another 20-hp and 23 lb-ft. Sure, you'll pay twice as much for fuel, but I'm still averaging over 30 mpg in my Stage 2 GTI and enjoying the thrust of 340 lb-ft at the wheels from 2100 rpm all the way to 4700.

Scott

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
:)
The latest GTI has dethroned the TDI as VW's king of torque. A tune alone amps a GTI's output to 316 hp and 381 lb-ft. Add a downpipe to get another 20-hp and 23 lb-ft. Sure, you'll pay twice as much for fuel, but I'm still averaging over 30 mpg in my Stage 2 GTI and enjoying the thrust of 340 lb-ft at the wheels from 2100 rpm all the way to 4700.
Scott
Wow now im really jealous.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The 2.0EA888 is an impressive beast. People have spent a lot of time/money pushing the limits, but with a tune makes it an DD that would embarrass quite a few other rides out there.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
The 2.0EA888 is an impressive beast. People have spent a lot of time/money pushing the limits, but with a tune makes it an DD that would embarrass quite a few other rides out there.
I was up at Rocket Chip having some stuff done on our '01 Golf and Jeff was telling me about the tune that he is developing for the CRUA. He has purchased a '15 GSW and has done a Stage 2 tune with an additional 50 HP/85 ft-lbs that still gets 45/55 MPG.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
don't confuse EA288 and EA888, two different beasts ;) Now if rocketchip has tunes out for the EA888, I'd love to snag a home program tuner for my 1.8T that maintains 87 octane rating. So far all I see is APR offering 87 tunes.

RocketChip has had EA288 tunes out for about a year now. IBW has it on his white whip.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
Did the polyester batting fill in the Fender sound system subwoofer and it really improved and tightened up the base. No more booming. Thanks AGOODHI and 740GLE for your suggestions.
:) Can't take credit for it. I read it somewhere (maybe here??) and gave a shot at the mod. Was very surprised in the outcome. Definitely worth the time.

Madcow63

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Hello everyone, VW and TDI rookie here. Just picked up a 2015 GSW TDI automatic two days ago. Definitely a big change from my 2008 Toyota FJ cruiser haha

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hello everyone, VW and TDI rookie here. Just picked up a 2015 GSW TDI automatic two days ago. Definitely a big change from my 2008 Toyota FJ cruiser haha

Welcome aboard! I traded a 2009 4Runner for my 2015 GSW, so I can appreciate your transition. I think my average mileage in the 4Runner was about 19 mpg, and that was with considerable highway miles logged.

You should be able to double your mpg at least. Timely, considering the direction fuel prices are headed.

Enjoy, and ask questions frequently. We're here to help.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Washed it

Haven't hand washed it in a while, I tend to use a car wash to get the salt of during the winter.

Cleans up nice, three years old, I've owned it for a year, 8,000 miles on it. Probably should drive it more. :D

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Haven't hand washed it in a while, I tend to use a car wash to get the salt of during the winter.

Cleans up nice, three years old, I've owned it for a year, 8,000 miles on it. Probably should drive it more. :D
Nice! Living in a place that gets a real winter and sprays salt brine, it’s almost a necessity to use a car wash in the winter. I know I do. You just have to be smart about which car wash you choose and try to keep a nice sealant and/or wax on for a barrier.

I was able to detail my GTI this weekend after doing the GSW two weeks ago. Took some water spots and swirls off (which had bugged me since new) easily with a mild finishing cream and then laid down PowerLock+ sealant and Collinite 845 wax. That bead though.

I also did the 30k service on the GSW with a Total Quartz Ineo kit I got from some fly-by-night online operation up in Massachusetts. ;)

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Imagine that, I also did my 30k with the same kit form the same place in Mass... although I forgot to get the DEF from them at the same time..

although I also had a problem with my fuel door not wanting to pop open like it always has... and somehow managed to break almost every tab that holds the painted fuel door on to the hinged part... heard a pop when the first one let go and thought, hey this just unsnaps.. great.. NOPE.. apparently it slides toward the front to release...

and of course once i got into it, it started working again just fine... GRRRR.. not sure if VW will warranty it or not..but for now my car is looking quite weird..

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Thanks for the orders, guys! I haven't done an oil change on this car yet. Coming soon, along with a tire rotation.

Does anyone have a good way to open the fuel door if it gets stuck? I know how to do it from inside the luggage area in my MKIV, haven't investigated it in the VII.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Replaced VWR springs for H&Rs and was quite pleased with the results. The H&Rs ride nicer IMO, and raised the front up .5". I would not recommend the VWR springs for the TDI, I don't think they got the front ride height correct as it lowered the car farther than advertised and created a tucked wheel look.

ssffnomad

Veteran Member
TDI
2015, GSW, S, TDI, 6MT. 5/2017
Peter, I am scheduled in next week few a few small warranty items and Phase 2. I will try to get gas door info out of service manager . Just in case.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Peter, I am scheduled in next week few a few small warranty items and Phase 2. I will try to get gas door info out of service manager . Just in case.
Im sure he'll have the answer to your question. While your there ask him for next weeks lotto numbers too and let us know.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks for the orders, guys! I haven't done an oil change on this car yet. Coming soon, along with a tire rotation.

Does anyone have a good way to open the fuel door if it gets stuck? I know how to do it from inside the luggage area in my MKIV, haven't investigated it in the VII.

Best way to fix it is to disconnect the connector when you bought the car, that way it'll never locks you out.

I've yet to do it on both the Passat and Alltrack but its on the list. Our 2012 Passat only lasted 60K before it started acting up and I disconnected the actuator.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Connector for what? Does it lock when you lock the car? I rarely lock my cars so I've not noticed this. Shows what I know about the cars I own. :).