Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Txst

Veteran Member
TDI
Shadow Blue 06 Jetta TDI
Nice price gap favoring Diesel

$2.63 for ULSD (Shell) and $2.79 for RUG. Nice gap in favor of diesel!:) Very nice to see the change of the tides!

Hansi

TDI
two 2003 5 speed wagons, 2000 golf 5speed, 1996 passat tdi
diesel prices

google energy information administration weekly retail on highway diesel price,you can get a weekly email with national prices,,around $2.89 here, B100 in lancaster for $2.79

hollow

TDI
audi a3 tdi @ 230bhp
think yourselves very lucky
i live in the uk

here diesel is 94 uk pence per litre
£4.70 per gallon

approx 9.36 u.s dollars

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
You can't compare the two directly though. Your fuel is taxed much more to pay for social stuff right?

EURO-BELG

Veteran Member
MEXICO CITY... Formerly known as Phoenix,AZ.
TDI
2006.5 TDI package 2/DSG,tpms, 2002 TDI 5spd GLS, 2000 TDI 5spd GL
Bob_Fout said:
You can't compare the two directly though. Your fuel is taxed much more to pay for social stuff right?
There is not sooo much social stuff going on in the UK... compared to continental europe almost nothing.
In Belgium for ex. Diesel is about 7$/USG. But it is true that the money is used to fund a lot of social stuff, sometimes also less social stuff, "the national govt. airline: Sabena" I remember a hike of 2 BEF to save the airline. (Sabena still went bankrupt after 9-11). Or other less social funding like war...
Bottom line, social or not, it hurts when you squeeze 80-100$ in your tank with a fill-up.

hollow

TDI
audi a3 tdi @ 230bhp
goverment taxing definately not used to upgrade roads etc

think it so high as to calm traffic on roads eg :if you cant afford to put fuel in your car then you are polluting the enviroment alot less and there is less congestion on the roads

either way the uk govermeny are robbing people blind

Smokerr

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon GL,2005,Silver
DrSmile said:
I can't really be happy that diesel is less than RUG when Diesel is still $2.70 a gallon... Someone has to thumb these oil company monopolies in the eye before I have to resort to riding my bike to work!
Well riding your bike to work is good excersize, and I do it, so anyone can do it! (grin). (we still love the Passat!)

jimnms

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon 5-speed Tiptronic
Saw diesel for $2.53 and RUG for $2.69 at the Pilot in Jackson, MS. I just filled up last week here at home and it was $2.71, RUG was $2.85.

joyrde

TDI
2006 Jetta - 5-speed
#2.65

$2.65 / gallon as of 6:30 Am, may 11, 2007 in Lodi, Ohio (truckstop). In Cleveland area $2.99 - - somone should be shot. with in a 30 mile radius there is 25 cent difference. It has been dropping for the past two weeks - -at the truckstop

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
diesel is much cheaper, sweet

not only can i report that diesel is much lower than RUG, i can prove it. i hope my B100 is 2.77 tomorrow monring when i fill up.

Flying J at Hwy 31 on I-80, just west of Omaha, NE

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
El Dobro said:
Plus is less than regular?
In some Midwestern states, regular is 87 dino while plus is 89 E10 with a tax subsidy.

Here in SoCal, diesel is drifting down: lots more stations less than $2.99, more stations at $2.95, even one or two at $2.89. I think RUG is also starting to come down, from $3.40+ to the mid-$3.30s.

EURO-BELG

Veteran Member
MEXICO CITY... Formerly known as Phoenix,AZ.
TDI
2006.5 TDI package 2/DSG,tpms, 2002 TDI 5spd GLS, 2000 TDI 5spd GL
rotarykid said:
Less energy in propane so that means lower mpgs .
Well, an engine actually burns KG of fuel, and propane weighs 640g/l regular gas weighs 720g/l.
You can do the calculating of how much percent you use more.

I used to drive on LPG but in the days of carburators and before cat. convertors. I tuned it myself so that the car would stall if I pressed the clutch, once the clutch released the engine would once again engage. (at the stoplights, smart use of the choke, that's if I had to come to a full stop, otherwise depress the clutch in gear and voila :))

I averaged 50MPG about 4,7l/100km back than already using LPG!!! (Only I could run the car, which was another benefit, a thief would not get far if they didn't know how to drive my car) The installation had an electronic module and was custom made for my car and the LPG was directly injected below the carburator. (Where I changed the adjustment to a super lean mixture, I dare to say below stoichiometric mixture ratio.) I know all the blah blah about not being good for the valves etc... but I sold the car with 200.000 plus km on the odo, so I don't think that was much of a problem.

Funny thing though... back than I filled up for less than 10 us cents per liter, while the gasoline back than was already about a dollar per liter. I did a lot of travel back than, Italy was the most expensive with about 70 us cents per liter, Holland was about 10 cents as well, Germany about 35 cents as well as in the UK about 35 cents.... I'm talking end of the eighties/early nineties.

About the drive,

if you could talk about an octane rating with LPG it is about 100+, the ride was smooth but slightly lazier than gasoline. The engine oil stayed longer clean, and the emissions were clean(er).

I used to be friends with a manufacturer of these installations, and I paid factory cost for my install and equipment which came out to about 450$ back than.

I saved thousands $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ over the years I drove that car.

Last edited:

Txst

Veteran Member
TDI
Shadow Blue 06 Jetta TDI
$2.60 for ULSD and $2.83 for RUG. Gotta luv havin' a TDI right now!!!:D
Just think...a couple of months ago some people chose to buy a gasser instead of a TDI because the cost of diesel was higher!! They must really be kicking themselves right about now!! Either that or they are trying to get the dealership to take the gasser back!!;)

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
TornadoRed said:
In some Midwestern states, regular is 87 dino while plus is 89 E10 with a tax subsidy.
Ok, thanks. Don't see that around here.

04PDWagon

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta Wagon
For some reason diesel prices are holding while gas is going up...

RUG 3.109
Plus 3.179
Premium3.259
ULSD 2.949

This has become standard fare lately. Typically diesel down here has been competing with Premium...glad to see thi change.