HP and torque changes real world test

TCBinaflash

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI
I saw the actual video this article references and it does not do a real world study. Not saying results would be different but it was a very hacky attempt.

azthegame

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 4dr Golf TDI w/DSG
Such a dumb article and "test". Simply putting the car on a dyno isn't all that's needed. The guy even claimed when you press the traction control button, it tells the ecu it's about to be tested. The jetta doesn't even have a button to disable it. The reason the first test showed higher power and no complaints about the dash lighting up, is that they probably pulled the abs fuse to disable traction control. The second run with two wheels, they had it in which then activated and cut power because the car was like WTH why are my fronts going so fast without the rears moving?! So the dash lit up and the guys were like "look, the car knows it's being tested and is going into test mode"

Freaking BS.. And at the end they said "well we saw a power cut but not really a measure of difference in emissions"

I replied on that article on jalopnik and was like thank you for showing us a standard dyno run off a stock jetta. There are thousands of runs off different cars on YouTube.

Last edited:

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
There is a button for ASR disable. You can't disable ESP that easily, though.

EDIT: just saw the video. Seems that the lights are acting weird. TPMS light on? Why? Parking brake light on? Why? Leaving alone the Airbag malfunction light on too. Those shouldn't be illuminated when ABS/ESP is disabled. Looks like they indeed either pulled a fuse or disconnected the ABS module completely.

Last edited:

azthegame

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 4dr Golf TDI w/DSG
The golf has a button, the mk6 jetta does not. The pulled the fuse in the first run, full power. Second run, they left the fuse in, traction control kicked in and cut power. Hence the power difference