Back to TDI

radunegru

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
After 1 year since i turned in my 2013 Passat , i decided to get another one.
This time 2015 TDI SE Manual with 25k miles. Amazing car .

Drove it home to CT from Denver 1900 miles getting 48mpg

Supper happy again!!!!!

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
Welcome back! After a year without a CR TDI I'm back too and have been about two weeks.

Got diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time.
Same here, After selling back my 2010 Jetta , I found a few weeks ago a 2015 Passat SE Manual as well with 14,400 miles on it and bought it . I'm happy with the car and I did put a Kerma tune on it as well.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Guilty....

After letting Vw buyback my 2013 SEL, I went far to the other side of the spectrum and bought a 2017 Wrangler.

I loved the experience, but the whole time missed the Passat TDI.

So in November I traded it in towards a 2014 Passat TDI SE. In 4 months, it was in the shop 4 times, twice of which stranded me on the side of the freeway.

Ultimately lost confidence in that car so I traded it towards a 2015 Passat TDI SE which I am, so far, extremely happy with.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
You guys all did it wrong, for about 2 months last year we were a 4 VW house, 3 of them being TDI.

No withdrawal needed.

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
You guys all did it wrong, for about 2 months last year we were a 4 VW house, 3 of them being TDI.

No withdrawal needed.
I was having Passat withdrawal, I still had my 2006 Jetta TDI. I loved the upgrades I did to the car, and it could scoot along faster than any NMS I've had, but nothing I could do would upgrade the space. I couldn't see going with a B5.5 (I had a B5 in England), I got rid of the B4 because I wanted something newer, therefore I had the A5. Problem is now fixed of course.

Unless something big changes I'm hoping not to go back to a Jetta, and want to hang on to this Passat for many years to come.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
I kept mine, but 3 of my friends did the buyback and they are all still having a real hard time adjusting to the less MPG and smaller rear seating area in the cars they choose.

Smashed Ixnay

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I love my 2015 Passat TDI SEL. I've put 15k miles on it in the 6 months I've owned it and look forward to putting on a lot more. Tried a 2017 Passat TSI before the TDI and I just didn't like how it drove. Sure it was faster and you could get decent mileage, but you really had to try. Not being able to make it the whole week on a tank of gas was annoying too. I told my wife to keep it and drove to Jacksonville one day to look at basically the same car I have now, but it didn't work out, so a few days later I drove to Miami and drove that one back home.

i thought I'd miss our 2010 Jetta TDI SE, but this Passat TDI made me forget about it pretty quick. I just hope VW brings back diesels in some form or another, because in a few years I'd like to upgrade. If they don't have diesels, then I'll look at other manufacturers (if any still have them).

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
I was in gas loaners for a week and watching the fuel gauges go down so fast reminded me how much I love my TDIs

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
I bought the wife a hybrid highlander, even @ 27 MPG its still rough on the wallet driving 100+ miles a day

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
100 miles? ohh gawd, why or why oh why?

Plenty of great cars get mid/high 30's, amazed at how people are willing to feed their daily rides with that commute.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
100 miles? ohh gawd, why or why oh why?

Plenty of great cars get mid/high 30's, amazed at how people are willing to feed their daily rides with that commute.
In our area, it’s not uncommon to meet people who are supporting a 60-70 mile commute habit. I guess this will just be accepted as a regular expense- until the cost becomes unbearable.