Salvage/Rebuilt Buyback thread

gmoldovan

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
So the old thread regarding this issue was closed due to people arguing on there for no reason. However for me it was a great place to go to once in a while to see what other people are doing regarding the salvage/rebuilt Buyback issue and any news. Hoping we can use this space for it and please no pointless bickering.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Yeah, a good template of the information that would be critical for people with successful offers to share, if they are willing, would probably be:

1. 2.0 or 3.0?

2. Was the car a VW lease car?

3. When did you purchase the car? (month/year)

4. When was the car crashed? (month/year)

5. When was the car rebuilt and issued a rebuilt title? (month/year)

6. When was the VW buyback claim initially submitted? (month/year)

7. Was the car/claim ever deemed ineligible by VW?

8. Did VW ask you to provide "proof of operability"?

9. In which state was the rebuilt title issued?

10. In which state is the title currently issued (if different than #9)?

(From Jibberjive)

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
Wow, I can't believe they shut down that thread. That thread is probably the single greatest/most active resource for hundreds/thousands of people who are in this predicament. Following here, and hoping they unlock the other thread.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I am surprised they haven't locked this one yet. They usually don't take well starting another thread when they lock one. Also it isn't like they deleted the thread. The info is still there for anyone to read. But when good info stops coming in and degrades to petty arguing, time to close. Besides the settlement is winding down and there are relatively few people left to participate. I like the format that psd1/jibberjive propose.

jhuber

TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat SEL, 2015 Audi Q7
I received this today, 29 days after submitting my signed and notarized offer letter. Comic relief I guess. Status on website is still Document received and under review.

You recently received your final offer letter as part of your claim with Reference No.xxxxxxxxx of the TDI Diesel Emissions Settlement. It has come to our attention that the page numbering on your final offer letter was incorrect. The page numbering indicated your final offer letter had more pages than what was included in the final offer letter, but this error does not affect the content of your offer letter, which included all necessary pages when it was extended to you. Once you have reviewed and accepted your offer, please have it signed and notarized and submit it to complete your offer acceptance. Please be sure to include all pages of the offer letter that you received when returning your signed offer letter.
We apologize for any confusion this error may have caused and thank you for your patience as we work to process your claim. Please click here to visit the Online Claims Portal where you can view the most up to date status of your claim.
If you have any questions, please contact the Settlement Support Team at 1-844-98-CLAIM.

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
I've got the 100% antidote to keeping this thread from derailing, if everyone would be so kind:

- If you don't own a car that this thread pertains to, do not post in it.

yurkin89

TDI
2015 GSW TDI x2
3 Weeks down after uploading the offer letter.

Document received and under review

Seems like we’re in another round of blue eye stall tactic.
Last one took a year to move 1 step!

Last edited:

fookin

Veteran Member
TDI
A3
Yes, this situation of stalled uploaded offers has become very disheartening. I'm on hold on my 2.0 since May 4 when I uploaded. It's hard to believe this is just an administrative backlog.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I've reopened the other (original) thread at jibberjive's request. Please keep it on topic and refrain from side conversations and arguments.

RVA

TDI
2012 JSW, 2011 Jetta Sedan and few others
I have four claims submitted to VW in August 2017, all of them were denied in May, due to their salvage titles. I sent copies of salvage titles with my claims. I have since rebuilt the cars and have Virginia rebuilt titles, which were also submitted to VW in the fall of 2017. VW rep told me that I am ineligible, because, CARFAX shows cars have salvage titles, as the last note in their history reports !?! Appeals were submitted in May, again with the copies of rebuilt titles. Still waiting on appeal response.