Timing belt change pics.

Mark

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
My brother and I did the belt on his '96 Passat last weekend, and I got the pictures up at...
http://24.10.212.2/Timing_Belt/index.html

I didn't get pictures of the locking tools because the camera met the cement floor, and the floor won.

Good news is that I got a new Olympus C-2020 zoom out of the deal. Maybe I'll shoot a picture of the locking tools by themselves with the replacement camera.

I got the tools about a year ago from http://www.vwdieselparts.com/

The pin wrench I used was made by Park tools and purchased at a bike shop for less than 10 bucks. (the pin wrench is used to set the tension roller)

Mark

Brad

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat
Wish I had known you were around, just had mine (96 Passat sedan) done at Courtesy a couple months ago. Yes, nice pictures up until the camera vs floor incident.

We should meet sometime, I'm in town everyday, work on campus.

brad

paschalini

Veteran Member
Absolutely outstanding post and pictures of a Timing Belt replacement!! Can't wait to see the brake work.

Years ago while my wife and I were in Germany on vaca, she fell hard on her Canon AE-1 camera. The camera suffered the same fate as your camera, with the wife slightly bruised but really PO'd. Somehow the floor/ground always seems to win in these situations.

------------------
2000 5spd Atlantic Blue Jetta

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Mark:

Nice post with great pictures!
Thanks for the extra effort in sharing them with us on the Forum.

Steve

------------------
2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed: Silver & Gray / Luxury & Cold Weather Packages, Monsoon & CD. Tuned for MPG & Power!

HowardZ

Top Post Dawg
Very nice post.
Next time please make a video tape - I'll definitely order one!

Can you give a detailed list of the specialty tools you needed?
You used the BBT-7 bicycle tool?

M

mickey

Great post!

What do the rest of you guys think of newbies NOW, eh!

-mickey