www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old December 7th, 2014, 18:00   #16
YukonLT
Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzer View Post
Yukon, do you get much smoke with the delete? Are the EGR's still in place?
Only a puff on start up when the motor is cold, but nothing else. LP EGR is gone, HP EGR is still there but tuned out. No more intercooler icing either!
Old December 9th, 2014, 12:27   #17
Hwy_Demon
Veteran Member

Malone stage 2 with DPF is like having sex with a condom. Yeah Its sex, but with a condom.

Try it without and prepare to be amazed.
Hwy_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2014, 16:14   #18
amstel78
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy_Demon View Post
Malone stage 2 with DPF is like having sex with a condom. Yeah Its sex, but with a condom.

Agreed. I've been DPF free for almost the last 80k miles. It's still a blast to drive, especially on the hills without having to downshift.

Gone but not forgotten: 2005 E46 M3 | 2006 Evo IX MR | 1985 W123 300D | 2012 Golf TDI
amstel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2014, 17:12   #19
elitegunslinger
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy_Demon View Post

elitegunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2014, 19:49   #20
Rayzer
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 32 city 45 hwy

Would love to delete the DPF, but isn't then also necessary to delete the EGR's? If there is a way to delete the DPF and have the OBII based emissions test pass I'll have it off before my next regen!

From what I understand, the EGR's also have to go which means those monitors will be missing and fail the test.
Rayzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 02:26   #21
elitegunslinger
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50.0

Quote:
Would love to delete the DPF, but isn't then also necessary to delete the EGR's? If there is a way to delete the DPF and have the OBII based emissions test pass I'll have it off before my next regen!

From what I understand, the EGR's also have to go which means those monitors will be missing and fail the test.
Depends on year, sometimes all readiness can be retained minus 1. Many states allow 1 to not be ready. Speak with a tuner if it's possible.
elitegunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2015, 05:54   #22
pkhoury
That guy with the goats

Fuel Economy: CR - 36-41, PD - 39-48 (26-32 while towing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbsox View Post
As long as the boss approves, I'll be doing DPF delete with Rawtek hard parts and Malone soft parts next spring. Can't wait!
Not sure if anyone checks this thread, but I'd like to get some updates on your progress. It looks like I'll be going this route in the next month, now that my car is registered (legally) in a state that doesn't test for emissions, and my DPF might have taken a dump on me again.

Quote:
According to Malone tuning and the tuner that did it it is... and I damn we'll hope so because that's what I paid for!

From what I understand, it's the same tune but keeps the DPF regen cycle and is tweaked as such for the EGRs remaining in place as well.

Would be interesting to see some dyno specs on the tune keeping the DPF just to know the difference... it's got to be better with a downpipe.

Regardless of the semantics of a tweaked stage 1 or really a stage 2, all I can say is that the car has transformed into something much better than it was.
I have a basic Stage 1 from Neuspeed, and even vs stock, it's a night and day difference. I can only imagine what a stage 2 is like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
Agreed. I've been DPF free for almost the last 80k miles. It's still a blast to drive, especially on the hills without having to downshift.
Did any of y'all get the DSG tune along with the Stage 2?
pkhoury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2015, 06:19   #23
GTISMKR

TDI(s): 2014 JSW

Question for those with a Malone tune: Can you left foot brake while applying throttle without it cutting power?
GTISMKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2015, 06:27   #24
calimustang
Veteran Member

Hello..... I have malone stage 2 tune and DSG tune, it woke up the beast! She has been DPF/EGR deleted and am loving every moment of driving her. She made almost 47-48 mpg with 5 people in the car (2 adults and 3 kids age 12,8,2) and full trunk of bags.

DSG tune is very recommended for stage 2 malone tune.

2015 Passat TDI with 22k miles on 5/6/2018, completely stock. Black exterior and black interior, 5% tints all around. Now 30k on 8/12/2018.
calimustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2015, 09:19   #25
ATR
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTISMKR View Post
Question for those with a Malone tune: Can you left foot brake while applying throttle without it cutting power?
I don't think that Malone touches that safety feature... The way around it is foot off throttle, brake, foot on throttle. I have done that successfully doing some heal-toe downshifting blipping the throttle for down shifts while braking.

This is a safety feature because if the throttle is stuck down you can apply the brakes and the car will then cut the throttle entirely.

***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***

Last edited by ATR; December 2nd, 2015 at 23:33.
ATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2015, 09:24   #26
Perry01
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkhoury View Post
Did any of y'all get the DSG tune along with the Stage 2?
There is a torque limiter built into the software so a DSG tune is needed to get the full potential of a stage 2 tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTISMKR View Post
With a DSG tune, launch control is added but no power available with brake applied while in motion.

Last edited by Perry01; December 2nd, 2015 at 11:54.
Perry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2015, 12:57   #27
skinnyb
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2013 JSW TDI
Fuel Economy: Slightly north of 40 MPG

Been tuned and deleted for 60K miles and the car is amazing. 45MPG all day long driving it like I stole it. Probably 50/50 hwy/city...
Old December 2nd, 2015, 16:09   #28
GTISMKR

TDI(s): 2014 JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry01 View Post
With a DSG tune, launch control is added but no power available with brake applied while in motion.
From what I've read, left foot braking is part of the ECU tune, rather than the DSG tune. I already have the DSG tune, which I like for the most part, but would really like that feature. Apparently it was a common tuning defeat with the MKiV.

So, can anyone with a Malone tune on their MkV check to see if throttle gets cut when braking simultaneously?
GTISMKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2015, 17:17   #29
Perry01
Veteran Member

I checked and fuel does get cut off when brake is applied on my 2012 MKVI with Malone tune.

If I used my Golf as a track car, it would be nice to be able to hit the brake and accelerator simultaneously to add boost.

Last edited by Perry01; December 2nd, 2015 at 17:21.
Perry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2015, 19:41   #30
pkhoury
That guy with the goats

Fuel Economy: CR - 36-41, PD - 39-48 (26-32 while towing)

The only thing I'm undecided on for tuning is the DPF delete kit - rawtek or buzzken. And I'm pretty new to exhaust, so other than recommendations, I'm not sure if I need a resonator, catback, or both. I don't want the sound to be annoying. I'm also contemplating jumping right up to a Stage 3 with another turbo, but still not yet sure.

On fuel economy - what did y'all get before getting the Stage 2? I've been getting around 29-34mpg average (cracked or clogged DPF, cruise control on highways, speed being 65-75mph).
pkhoury is offline   Reply With Quote