HELP P0252 Code/ESP LIGHT

crlefley

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (Golden Child) - Stage 4 Malone tuned, 2.5 buzzken, Panzer plate, Taller 5th Gear, 17/22 turbo, Injectors, 2003 Jetta wagon indigo blue: Bone stock. 1986 GTI VR6 Swapped. 1995 Passat Syncro Variant VR6.
Hello,
Just picked up this TDI. Has 120k on it. Drove it out for a pretty righteous road trip (1600 Miles) to get it back to MT. The first 200 miles it drove great, Then the CEL came on. Through acceleration it feels like it has some lag, and then when it revs to about 26-2800 RPM it seems like it goes limp, and then the esp light comes on and stays on. Not sure why this is. I know the P0252 is an injection timing code. wondering why its spiking up though. especially after 200 miles, and what the remedy is to fix it. Should i just get a new pump? seems pretty spendy. and also, why is the esp light coming on and staying on? is this related?

Any help is appreciated.
Also, do i keep driving? it seems to run fine.

thanks all…
Caleb.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
You need to have someone scan it with a proper VCDS. Then post the codes. You may have a leak in your turbo pipes or vacuum lines.

No idea on the ESP light.

crlefley

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (Golden Child) - Stage 4 Malone tuned, 2.5 buzzken, Panzer plate, Taller 5th Gear, 17/22 turbo, Injectors, 2003 Jetta wagon indigo blue: Bone stock. 1986 GTI VR6 Swapped. 1995 Passat Syncro Variant VR6.
Ok, so clearly I'm going to need a scanner, or someone with the vcds. Only place I've talked to is a shop thats booked two weeks out, so ill be waiting to go in on the 23rd and get the codes read, as well as the printed reports. Was looking into buying vcds from ross tech but i run on a macbook not a pc so that'd be a whole different process for me. If any of you know of someone in the bozeman area or at least somewhere out west near me thats vw savvy, id rather talk to them and have them read the code. Let me know what you guys think. pretty frustrating situation I'm in here…

thanks again. Caleb.

Brogreal

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Did you get this problem resolved? I live in Billings and have the same issue at times. More so at higher elevations. I've learned how to use my throttle so it doesn't happen. I've got my hunches, but I would love to know the underlying cause.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
criefley hasn't posted in over 2 years. He does list an email address in his profile.