www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old March 21st, 2018, 12:51   #5341
MonkeyWrench

TDI(s): 2012 JSW TDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaus View Post
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but the work outlined on the technical bulletin is covered under the extended warranty that comes with the emissions fix (or at least it is on my 2012 Golf w/ manual transmission). Worth looking into for those of you who kept your cars. With the current cold snap, right now is a good time to drive the car 30-40 minutes before dropping it off at the dealership. They will pull the IC lines off, look for water/ice and will most definitely find it....
I just brought home a 2012 manual JSW, bought it in Utah. Per the website: vwdiesellookup.com, this vehicle has had the emissions fix. Yesterday, I had a no start/hard start - I forgot everything I'd read on this thread regarding IC icing and turned the key for second try at starting it - it caught and ran rough for the first couple of minutes, then it settled down and ran like a dream. However, maybe I should be proactive and take it into the dealer for a fix? Which technical bulletin do I need to reference? If the dealer tries to say it's not covered under the emissions fix warranty, is there a document I can refer to in my argument?
MonkeyWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 17:15   #5342
Mcydrake

I'm in CT and had a few bad run-ins with IC icing. All problems went away after purchasing a winter front from idparts: https://www.idparts.com/2010-2014-go...e9ab65e22887dd

Overpriced, yes but I was desperate for a fix and was not let down. Weather you create your own or purchase I think the key is to completely block the IC inlet.

Good luck!
Mcydrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2018, 14:24   #5343
ATR
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcydrake View Post
I'm in CT and had a few bad run-ins with IC icing. All problems went away after purchasing a winter front from idparts: https://www.idparts.com/2010-2014-go...e9ab65e22887dd

Overpriced, yes but I was desperate for a fix and was not let down. Weather you create your own or purchase I think the key is to completely block the IC inlet.

Good luck!
I've been trying to sell mine for a while now since I no longer have my mk6 golf. Shocked I haven't had any bites...

It worked great for keeping the condensation issue at bay. It also was great to keep the cabin nice and toasty

Shameless plug:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=467393

***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***
ATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2018, 15:36   #5344
kweisel

Fuel Economy: 45...spirited driving.

Has anyone experienced the Clutch staying engaged while this "Hydrolock" is occuring. i had what seems to be the hard/ no start scenario occur only 3 times in the history of my owning it since new. 130k on the clock. a good slime and leak in the lower intercooler hose. I suppose my "luck" thus far has been the leaky intercooler pipe that drains oil and seemingly water as well as it accumulates. The clutch today stayed half depressed during the event and i did what seems to be foolishly crank past these events and force it to run. Wondering where that has left me. :-\
Update: No lights ever illuminate no CEL; no Glow plug.

Last edited by kweisel; April 7th, 2018 at 15:39.
kweisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 06:35   #5345
Matt927
Veteran Member

TDI(s): several

Yep, ID parts front covers solved the issue for me. I only ran the lower cover on my CJAA powered cars. One had the updated intercooler fix but I still ran the covers to aid in warm up time. Just purchased another 2013 Golf TDI with tech and 6MT, need to buy another set.
Matt927 is offline   Reply With Quote