Got an offer email

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
Are you sure it was a human and not some text to speech program citing info contained in their mailers?
LOL the responses were generic enough in nature where that did cross my mind for a moment

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
I just ran like lightning to my credit union with my docs that came today. Got them notarized and sent all 7 pages back.. I can't open the spreadsheet from work (site blocked) but I will update it when I get home

For me:

Northern Virginia - Single Owner - Clean title no lien

Uploaded 9/17
Docs accepted 10/21
Offer sent 11/4
Notarized and Returned 11/4 (30 mins later)

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
I just ran like lightning to my credit union with my docs that came today. Got them notarized and sent all 7 pages back.. I can't open the spreadsheet from work (site blocked) but I will update it when I get home

For me:

Uploaded 9/17
Docs accepted 10/21
Offer sent 11/4
Hustling!!! :D I'll be moving just as fast

uncle fishhead

TDI
2012 Golf
This is both exciting (progress is evident) and nightmarish (it's not progress for me yet).

According to a VW statement quoted somewhere on this forum, 25% of the class has sent in all their paperwork. That means that there are probably 100,000+ people just waiting on a buyback offer (depending on how many are submitting paperwork for the fix or are eligible sellers).

I don't need to be greedy and go in the first week or two. But I'd sure like to avoid being last in a line of 100,000!

RR

jsplinter

TDI
Jetta
This is both exciting (progress is evident) and nightmarish (it's not progress for me yet).

According to a VW statement quoted somewhere on this forum, 25% of the class has sent in all their paperwork. That means that there are probably 100,000+ people just waiting on a buyback offer (depending on how many are submitting paperwork for the fix or are eligible sellers).

I don't need to be greedy and go in the first week or two. But I'd sure like to avoid being last in a line of 100,000!

RR

Hopefully after the first week we can get a news article with an update of how much they have processed already. You would think VW would want a press release showing how hard they are knocking this out (if that's the case)

tariq

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Did all 7 pages need to get scanned and sent back, or just one signature page?
There are two signature pages of the seven with the second one requiring a notary. The instructions state to submit "all" pages. I took that to mean all seven.

GoThingNC

TDI
2011 JSW-Toffee Brown
My documents were accepted and the 10 day window for the offer ends 11/9.

I am fortunate to have a notary in the office to sign the documents.

Meanwhile the A/C just kicked the bucket on the Sportwagen; the day after the heat pump on my house died, compressor is shot:-(

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)

RR
I will make this observation. They have not yet accepted any docs uploaded on or after 10/27. But the order of processing for things uploaded before this seems to be sort of random. And we have no idea how many people uploaded on or before 1026.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
My documents were accepted and the 10 day window for the offer ends 11/9.

I am fortunate to have a notary in the office to sign the documents.

Meanwhile the A/C just kicked the bucket on the Sportwagen; the day after the heat pump on my house died, compressor is shot:-(
You won't need the A/C in the Sportwagon before you sell it back. The heat pump on the hand...

Dr. D

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
I will make this observation. They have not yet accepted any docs uploaded on or after 10/27. But the order of processing for things uploaded before this seems to be sort of random. And we have no idea how many people uploaded on or before 1026.
and I predict that it will continue to be random.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there's a delay (maybe even significant) between their internal status and that of the portal's.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi

For me:

Uploaded 9/17
Docs accepted 10/21
Offer sent 11/4
You have to mail it back? No upload?

dmcdon2851

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
Did all 7 pages need to get scanned and sent back, or just one signature page?
There are actually TWO signature pages. One needs to be notarized, the second one does not. I sent back all 7 pages just to make sure.

sfpegasus

Veteran Member
TDI
none!
Got mine! Uploaded 09/20 Complete 10/18. Uploaded notarized release moments ago.

I did notice some California-specific language in the release (section 1542 of the California Civil Code, specifically) and was wondering if these releases may vary from state to state.

FWIW no lienholder title in my name only.

Last edited:

Armby

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf
Has anybody read and understood this 7 page offer document. Do you need to give up your first born son as well as your TDI?

Be interesting if someone could post a scan of the doc (with personal parts redacted of course)

VonShannon

TDI
2013 Golf TDI, 2010 Golf TDI (SOLD)
Received offer email today, 11/4/2016, at 3:02pm.

But I think I've changed my mind and will be holding off on selling back.

I'll be selling back but will probably wait until 2018 unless a major mechanical issue arises.

I'll take my chances with VW going bankrupt, theft or pump failure.

Get to drive a depreciation proof car for another year that I love to drive, get 25.5k for a 5 year old car. Tough decision.

Uploaded via scanner to pdf: 9/20/2016
Confirmation received: 10/18/2016
Single owner, no lien - title in hand, New Jersey, Last name M

fan of fanboys

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sedan
wonder when they will start on those of us with liens?

I am still cautiously optimistic I can be done by the end of November!

smokykoko

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Confused on the timing

I am a little confused on how this works. I understand we have to get our signitures notorized and then send it back. After that VW will approve it, we get notified of the approval and then schedule an appointment for the buyback. There is some kind of clause that we have 90 days to complete the offer after acceptance and scheduling an appt.

All this is fine if you want to immediately get the buyback but suppose I want to wait until a later date. Do I wait to send in the notorized letter or can I do everything and just wait to schedule an appointment.

jsplinter

TDI
Jetta
one of the guys at work just got off the phone with a rep on the claims line. He stated that after you are deemed eligible and before the offer was sent the portal would open back up so you can change your mileage. has anyone seen this?

sfpegasus

Veteran Member
TDI
none!
Has anybody read and understood this 7 page offer document. Do you need to give up your first born son as well as your TDI?
Be interesting if someone could post a scan of the doc (with personal parts redacted of course)
Last 6 pages of my offer here
http://www.pjruane.com/jm/offer.pdf

First page contains the personal stuff and $$ offer. I cropped the bottom of the pages to remove the scan codes, offer number, etc.