Condition,
Trim,
Model,
MSRP,
Ownership time
Number of owners,
Etc,

CARFAX?

After you fill out the form, it is a starting place for the VW check writers to knock the situation.

IMO, the more costly, newest, best condition, fewer owners, lowest mileage, highest trim, Highest MSRP, lowest age (delivery date), and maybe CARFAX info will get the big-er bucks

only one day to go :rolleyes:

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
If the shoe were on the other foot, and Canadians got a better deal than the US, there would not be a peep from American owners right? Yeah right.
Just be thankful Canada is our little buddy. You guys only received something because of our awesomeness.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
If the shoe were on the other foot, and Canadians got a better deal than the US, there would not be a peep from American owners right? Yeah right.
Of course they would. Most Americans lack the ability to objectively analyze a situation and don't grasp how their own legal system works. I wouldn't expect them to attempt to grasp how the legal system in another country works.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
For the buyback option, I wonder how they will value the vehicles. Will they look at every single car or will it be a simple formula based on mileage? <snip>
IMO

It will be a nip pic situation

Yes they will evaluate the cars. Better cars will more and visa versa.

Rumors speculate a $5,100 minimum up to $10,000

Rumors speculate $1,000 to $7,000

Stay tuned 'til tomorrow

icecoaster

TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
I always wonder how people calculate this. Did you convert the goodwill payment to US dollars? Are goods you buy in Canada with Canadian dollars 35% more expensive than in the US?
A base Golf in the US actually costs more than it does in Canada.
Based on rough conversion of USD to CAD. USD$1000 is CAD$1310 right now. Was higher at the time of the Goodwill package.

S2000_guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI
Goods we buy in Canada might not be 35% higher than in the USA, but it sure is more expensive to buy things here. The Golf SEL ( highline in Canada) is 2000 more in Canada than it is in the US. Everything cost more in Canada than in the USA. It sucks.
But you get "free" health insurance...

icecoaster

TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
~~~ about:
Age,
Mileage,
Condition,
Trim,
Model,
MSRP,
Ownership time
Number of owners,
Etc,
CARFAX?
After you fill out the form, it is a starting place for the VW check writers to knock the situation.
IMO, the more costly, newest, best condition, fewer owners, lowest mileage, highest trim, Highest MSRP, lowest age (delivery date), and maybe CARFAX info will get the big-er bucks
only one day to go :rolleyes:
That will take months, if not years to figure out. Who is going to do this? The dealers? And what if an owner disagrees with the valuation? Will there be an appeal process? I can see more lawsuits and even more disgruntled owners. VW has to make this painless and quick.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Of course they would. Most Americans lack the ability to objectively analyze a situation and don't grasp how their own legal system works. I wouldn't expect them to attempt to grasp how the legal system in another country works.
^^^^^^^^^^^

This. Browsing the Internet on a daily basis shows how much the "knowledge" of the average person is gathered from TV shows and Internet commentary. There isn't a week that goes by that I don't have reality check on the U.S. Constitution I taught for 32 years.
Suddenly people are talking about some "constitutional right" as if it were actually in there......and our Constitution is only a few pages long.
What we are living in now is a society where a disturbing number of people truly believe that "Because I want X, or am outraged by Y, there is surely a law to bring that into being or ban it outright, and if there isn't, that only proves that there ought to be."

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
I am just thankful there are Americans that see the world is a lot bigger than Dumbs**t County.
Salty...

They say happiness is a choice, just don't tell the French.

TDIintheLOU

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SEL
That will take months, if not years to figure out. Who is going to do this? The dealers? And what if an owner disagrees with the valuation? Will there be an appeal process? I can see more lawsuits and even more disgruntled owners. VW has to make this painless and quick.
Correct a mundo! Year, model, options..... = dollar value 9/2015. JMHO :D
Ain't nobody got time for all that. You have a rock chip, and a worn floor mat.

The 1k to 7k Anyone's guess. It will depend on what is it for. fraud, diminished value, etc.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI

IMO

VW said it would be up to two years.
The dealers will do it.
But VW may be only able to do 5,000 cars a week
If you are actively in the CAS ~~ and want to stay in the CAS that's it.
If you wish to sue out of the CAS ~~ get your attorney and go get 'em
You can appeal by getting out of the CAS and getting your personal attorney.
VW does not have to do anything (PAINLESS) unless the Judge orders it.
The method of evaluation will be ordered by the Judge.
There will be thousands of owner who disagree, and need-want more
As I understand it you can sell it to VW (plus cash) or let them fix it (plus cash)
IMO GEN 1 and GEN 2 are at risk of "NO FIX"
At least the Judge has ordered VW to pay the sharks

Tomorrow is coming up fast

swampyankee

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SEL
From the Court's website: "Please note that there is no court proceeding on Tuesday, June 28. The event in on that date is a deadline for e-filing documents. The documents will be posted on this web page at the same time as they are e-filed in the court's ECF system." http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl
Interesting the court date is the 30th

I'm guessing there will be leaks beginning tomorrow morning. As more and more people are "in the know" somebody will squeal before the documents are posted.

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
Hope Bloomberg is right this time. I like free stuff.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
$10,000 and might rise if VW misses repair date lines. ~~ Seems they want 85% off the road.
Wonder if you cash your chips in "TOO EARLY" ~~ and they UP THE $$$$s ~~ then what ?

You get some cheese and crackers to go with your "whine". :D

DanCsTDI

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Besides the cheese and crackers, you may even get a IRS Form 1099 Misc from VW for the payout. That won't be as "tasty"!
If that happens fill out a schedule c and take the losses of your car as expenses. That's the least of my worries. I want this resolved as quickly as possible. Going to just give it back. Since my 15 golf has all that new stuff in it and looks like we won't be seeing many diesels out of VW in the future I am guessing parts for this will become scarce in the future.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Doesn't a 50% difference in the settlement per car and total from Bloomberg within a week call all their "reporting" into question? It does for me.