Got an offer email

TDIsoup

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Received my offer letter today. I have already had it notarized and uploaded it to VW's portal. My initial docs filed 10/12 and accepted 11/1. Offer letter 11/14.
Is your car paid for, our is it financed? Passat or Jetta?

Basenji

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Audi A3 TDI
I send in the corrected information on November 1 (they couldn't read my wife's license). I received my offer email today, November 14, but it was dated November 7. I own the car outright (no lien). I have uploaded all the stuff and told them to send the money to the bank. Now the last bit of waiting begins.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Mine was the same way Nov 7th letter arriving today. They must have been sitting on a bunch of them for some reason.
And the offer letter was accepted :D. No issue with the notary stamp or any other such thing.

I know it has to be aggravating to those of you still stuck at these earlier stages, but once you get the offer letter, things seem to move quickly.

I picked 12/14 at Stohlman. They only offered Wednesdays for some reason, but I can easily deal with that.

At the time I booked the appt, I also gave them the current (as of today) mileage of the car. There is a separate odometer disclosure statement that I need to fill out and sign and bring with the day of the actual buyback.

The only thing I need to do now is wait for the EFT info from Chase to come via email.

chasfos

TDI
2009 JSW TDI
Just uploaded my notarized offer statement. Uploaded all 7 pages in one PDF and shaded the embossed notary seal with a pencil. Hopefully all is good!

ColbySeider

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
And the offer letter was accepted :D. No issue with the notary stamp or any other such thing.
I know it has to be aggravating to those of you still stuck at these earlier stages, but once you get the offer letter, things seem to move quickly.
I picked 12/14 at Stohlman. They only offered Wednesdays for some reason, but I can easily deal with that.
At the time I booked the appt, I also gave them the current (as of today) mileage of the car. There is a separate odometer disclosure statement that I need to fill out and sign and bring with the day of the actual buyback.
The only thing I need to do now is wait for the EFT info from Chase to come via email.
Hey, Loudoun County checking in...I don't remember seeing if you've said if you've selected a replacement to your JSW...Have you?
Colby

ColbySeider

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Oh, and for those concerned about finding a notary public, some HOAs have notaries in their business offices, a local church's secretary notarized a document for me a long time ago, and some law firms might have paralegals who are notaries (my wife's firm has a paralegal who is a notary public). May cost you a dollar or so, but, no one should have a problem finding one.

I hope this helps.

Colby

SOCALGAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan & 2013 Jetta Wagon
Just received the offer email on my car this morning, paid off. Still waiting on the husbands, not paid off. :)

twistedcricket

TDI
No TDIs
I just thought of this as I was about to pay for the registration renewal; those with a loan won't get the title transfer as quickly will they? While VW has asked for loan information, to pay it off, is there a POA or some other document we digitally sign that gives VW the authority to request that the states release the titles to them? I know where I live it could take at least a week, probably more since this is an unprecedented move by an automaker to reclaim cars.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey, Loudoun County checking in...I don't remember seeing if you've said if you've selected a replacement to your JSW...Have you?
Colby
Yes - Volvo V60 :). I bought it back in early August, so right now the JSW is just an annoyance to me and I will be happy when buyback day comes.

I really liked the wagon, and there aren't many to choose from. I have never been wild about SUVs either, and whatever I ended up getting, it needed to fit in the garage. The V60 is just a few inches larger than the JSW.

kduchow

TDI
2011 JSW TDI 6MT
Got an offer letter Friday. Uploaded the notarized letter yesterday afternoon and got an e-mail to schedule the appointment in about 8 hours (couldn't believe that). Had to clear my cache to get the appointment scheduler to work. First appointment in the Denver area was December 21. All of the dealers only had 1 day a week to choose from.

RalphVa

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Wife checked her e-mail before going out to the doctor early this afternoon.

Offer was there. Downloaded and printed it out. She's sign and get it notarized this afternoon and fax it in.

Wonder how long it takes from this point. Offer was bang on what was expected: $14,900 for our 2010.

Found about 4 Miatas within easy driving distance. Got offers back on them, a couple about $3k off MSRP. Will wait until Jetta is out of the garage to go get one.

Got our 2016 Mazda3 sGrandTouring on 8 September. Got about 4,000 miles on it.

tango_28

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JSW(sold 2011) , 2009 JSW RIP 1-5-2013, 2011 JSW
Got my offer today for $16,200 Just fax it back, hopefully I can get a turn in date soon. Been looking at Sonatas lately.

Wileykid

TDI
2009 Jetta
Well here's one I haven't seen yet.
Received offer letter on 11/10. I correctly signed it and had it notarized. Then I uploaded all 7 pages. Today I received a rejection message with the comment "missing pages." I called the support line (they were very helpful and I was surprised they were there on Sunday) and they said that the notary was supposed to include a "CA All Purpose Acknowledgement Letter." Supposedly this is standard for all California notaries. So, back to UPS I go!
Lesson learned: if you live in CA, you need to upload 8 pages.
Interesting. Live in California and I went to the local UPS store. Notary was just the stamp (guess it had all the required info?), and signature. VW accepted it, and I have a scheduled turn in date of 12/2

Mark

Perry01

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf DSG w/tech package
I received my offer this morning and signed, notarized documents, uploaded them today. How long has the validation process been taking before appointment can be scheduled?

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I received my offer this morning and signed, notarized documents, uploaded them today. How long has the validation process been taking before appointment can be scheduled?
Folks have been reporting that portion of the process doesn't take long at all - less than a day in many/most cases, as long as it isn't rejected.

akafirestorm

TDI
JSW 2011
Finally!:cool: Got my offer email which was exactly the amount I calculated! Now to figure out what to replace it with! Hmm decisions decisions, Mazda3, Toyota Corolla iM, Honda Civic Hatchback, Honda HR-V!:rolleyes:

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
Finally!:cool: Got my offer email which was exactly the amount I calculated! Now to figure out what to replace it with! Hmm decisions decisions, Mazda3, Toyota Corolla iM, Honda Civic Hatchback, Honda HR-V!:rolleyes:
Soooo cruel, I have one docs accepted for 13 working days and one under review from 10/5....

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
I faxed my 7 pages of documents on Sunday the 13th. Still waiting for the confirmation so I can schedule a buyback day. Anyone know how long this takes? I get a 'Step 17 in green with the message: Status: Waiting on your fax - anyone know how long this takes? I've searched the forum but haven't found much info at this step. There is too damned many threads started. Maybe a stickie would help.This place has become a real mess IMO. Lots of good info but like so many forums on the internet - too many similar threads.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I received the offer email today and went straight to my credit union to get it notorized. It's uploaded and I'm waiting to schedule the date.

EricVA

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
I faxed my 7 pages of documents on Sunday the 13th. Still waiting for the confirmation so I can schedule a buyback day. Anyone know how long this takes? I get a 'Step 17 in green with the message: Status: Waiting on your fax - anyone know how long this takes? I've searched the forum but haven't found much info at this step. There is too damned many threads started. Maybe a stickie would help.This place has become a real mess IMO. Lots of good info but like so many forums on the internet - too many similar threads.
Not sure about faxing, but suspect the manual element of expecting the VW Claims people to collect the fax and upload it will slow things down a bit.

I uploaded a PDF of my notarized docs yesterday around 3:30 pm and received the email of acceptance and schedule appointment by 11:30 pm.

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
For those with offers, how do you update your mileage? I just had my documents approved but still waiting eligibility approval and offer. Did VW give you an opportunity to update the current mileage? I have 3 cars, two that have been parked since I registered on the site back in August and 1 that I have continued to drive. I'm sure some folks have either dipped into a lower mileage bracket or exceeded the 1042 miles per month allowance, so how do you get to adjust for current mileage?

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
For those with offers, how do you update your mileage? I just had my documents approved but still waiting eligibility approval and offer. Did VW give you an opportunity to update the current mileage? I have 3 cars, two that have been parked since I registered on the site back in August and 1 that I have continued to drive. I'm sure some folks have either dipped into a lower mileage bracket or exceeded the 1042 miles per month allowance, so how do you get to adjust for current mileage?
At the time that you upload your signed offer letter, you also can tell VW what the *current* mileage on the car is.

And when you actually go to turn your car in, there is an odometer disclosure statement that you will need to fill out and sign (something like this is normal for any car sale really), and the actual dollar amount that you get is based upon how many miles the car has on the day you turn it in.

If you are a glutton for punishment, you can try to call in and get them to adjust the mileage for you. I don't know whether you would have success or not. From what I heard earlier today, they are cutting at least some of the phone people off so they no longer will tell you anything about your specific claim.