$20k for a "New" 2015 Golf Sportwagen S

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Have there been issues with roof leaks in the MK7s? I have 40k on the wagon and 60k on the golf, no leaks in either. Both have sunroofs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I have an 81 Ford thunderbird with a sun roof. Doesn't leak, and never opened it in my 21 years of owning it. Don't dare to.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

TDI
'15 GSW tdi
Picked up mine yesterday. Platinum grey on black, 6 spd, S model. Absolutely in love. Pulled 52.4 mpg on the way home from the dealer!

Mr_robs

TDI
15' GSW
Just picked up my new Nightfall blue 6M GSW on Friday!!

First TDI finally for me, so happy already. Will be getting rid of my MK5 golf next week.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Wonder if the new software update removes any possible modifications for later, Malone ?

I'd loved to delete and go cp3 or bandaid the cp4 with the return kit ASAP. I don't care about warranty. Especially after a few miles.

I plan on doing it after the supposed hardware fix. I was told new exhaust components and injectors. I cannot confirm the accuracy of that statement though.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
This car

This math

Obviously I didn't get the car. It seems they want $25k no matter what

Last edited:

mheat

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW, 03 JSW
107,000 mi. on my 09 JSW. Opened the roof hundreds of times, no leaks. I do follow the maintenance schedule for lubing the rails.

unidenscan

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2010 Jetta Wagon TDI
Pedroyul, that's some funny math. If that's financing, they are adding apr or finance charge. Like 10/11%. Think VW says 0% financing.

Last edited:

tdiDerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta MkV Sedan; 2002 Jetta MkIV Sedan; 1999 Jetta MkIV Sedan
Me too.. 21900 for a GSW, DSG.. new tires, and a new battery..

And the Emissions Warranty is freaking Awesome..

Such a good deal, they sold 3 2015 TDIs while I was there..

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I'm concerned I'm getting safety shut off codes for the passenger heated seat, which doesn't even exist in the car.

Should I complain? Wouldn't they question how I know about the code?

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
@unidenscan: that is for financing, and yes it should be a 0% loan

@jason: you should complain, it doesn't matter how you got the code. But you could also clear all codes from the autoscan window. This dealer in Chicago actually let me scan the black GSW and there were codes that I cleared (should have charge them for it). Any time you perturb the battery there is a big chance of getting random codes, they shouldn't come back after clearing

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
The code keeps reappearing...

Also got one that won't back off from the gear box. Something about the shifter position feedback

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
jason, did you get a manual car? I'm in kzoo and looking for a manual, which dealer?

btw, you should tell your service man at the dealer about this code. I wouldn't accept a new car with any sort of code.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Dsg. Holland. I bought the last wagon virgin tdi. There might be the sedan left, but it's dsg too

I wanted a manual too. But beggars can't be choosers, an approved 15 with zero miles is rare enough. So I said **** it, signed without even driving it. Either gearbox us acceptable mileage. The service price is overpriced, but I'll take that as a rarity cost considering the situation at hand.

SalsaRed2010

TDI
2015 Golf SportWagon, 2013 Jetta SportWagon, and 2010 Jetta SportWagon
Been ages since I last logged in (still coming to terms with having to part with my 2010 and 2013 SportWagens at some point). I did jump on a "new" 2015 loaded SEL on Friday (Tornado Red over black) and while I have only had it out briefly, I haven't noticed any lag in power. That was one of my biggest concerns, so I gave it a good test on the winding roads and hills I take my other two cars out on regularly. Can't really asses the MPG until I get it insured and start commuting of course. Being forced to replace two cars, the deal on what, at least in Northern VA/DC, appeared to be one of the few loaded SELs available ($5,000 off, 0% for 72 months, and that 11 yr emissions warranty) along with all new tires, fluids, battery, was hard to pass up. I'll need to process the paperwork now for the 2010 buyback first so I'm not insuring three cars, but I'll hold on replacing the 2013, but I wanted one last go around once I saw this car on the lot of the dealer I've trusted since 2002 with all my VWs. Good luck to all of you who are hunting the lots for "new" 2015s.

Stock Photo, but this is the new ride :)

http://imageonthefly.autodatadirect.com/images/?width=640&height=480&quality=2&autotrim=1&quality=2&autotrim=1&img=CAC50VWC341E122006.jpg

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Wonder if the new software update removes any possible modifications for later, Malone ?
I'd loved to delete and go cp3 or bandaid the cp4 with the return kit ASAP. I don't care about warranty. Especially after a few miles.
I plan on doing it after the supposed hardware fix. I was told new exhaust components and injectors. I cannot confirm the accuracy of that statement though.

We'll be on top of it. These later pumps don't seem to be as unreliable, and since people are getting a new 5 year warranty not everyone will want to do major tuning.

Only way to read mileage is by hand, those gauges aren't incredibly accurate. Have a hard time believing emissions , power and fuel economy increases with these new tunes, if it was that simple VW would have tuned them that way in the first place (but they did have to get their butt in gear and increase DEF consumption so maybe they put more work into tuning). We'll have some locals in soon enough for dyno testing before/after, most of them turned their cars in though. Some have been tuning the gauge to read even higher than normal as well and falsifying other data readouts that could affect emissions/reliability and quietly turning stuff off. As usual, we won't be falsifying any data readouts and deletes won't pass emissions.

The EA288 is a really nice motor that's for sure, solid upgrades from the older commonrails. Those looking at the new 1.8T, we'll have an offering there too. Stock they're putting down around 170HP/185lb-ft, and that's easily bumped to 210-220HP/240-250lb-ft. With a downpipe they make near identical power to a stage 2 + MK6 GTI until 5000 RPM, and make more torque down low. Closest thing you'll find to a diesel, and given the price of exhaust components it's a solid alternative. Values are on our dynapack, a stage 2 + APR MK6 golf R put down 275HP/290lb-ft and was 3-4 PSI over requested, and CRs put down around 170-180HP/290-310lb-ft. The owner wasn't too happy his show car put down less torque than a CR with a stock exhaust after being told they make 360HP/370lb-ft :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
@owain@malonetuning

I figiree that readout was inaccurate.

I was more curious if they attempted to deterrent any software modification with encryption, unlock codes, or whatever else, or if they didn't care and just rewrote something quick to make the epa happy.

Honestly I'll be happy with either pump, filtered or not, Im just under the assumption the new dpf will be identical to the previous designs...fragile, unreliable, and expensive.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Nailed it. I really wish they would accept the fact that a diesel particulate filter is a filter, and should be treated as such. They're not that awful to clean if you have the equipment, but the removal/install is total BS because they're not designed in a reasonable way. There are companies modifying and cleaning fleet vehicle DPFs, they weld a clamp style system to them so that they can quickly be removed for cleaning. You should be able to walk into dealerships and exchange them for a reasonable core exchange, rather than have to buy a brand new one. If DPF/DEF systems aren't simplified and made user friendly it could ultimately lead to the death of consumer grade diesels as the price of repair will outweigh the savings in fuel economy.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Where is a good place to post module info regarding the 2015s that have the latest "fix"?

Mods, move if necessary.

Address 01: Engine (J623-CRUA) Labels: 04L-907-309-V1.clb Part No SW: 04L 906 021 D HW: 04L 907 309 Component: R4 2.0l TDI H23 9283 Revision: 85H23--- Coding: 011D0012032410081000 Shop #: WSC 03082 444 00000 ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20TDI01104L906021D 004017 ROD: EV_ECM20TDI01104L906021D.rod VCID: 266D0DDD59D12D71B3-8072

unidenscan

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2010 Jetta Wagon TDI
TdiDerry, what level tint is that? Planning on tinting my silk blue, not sure how dark to go though.

v8Billy

TDI
2015 Sportwagen
15 Sportwagen

Just got mine delivered today, paid 22k, 6spd. Parts already ordered:
Trailer hitch
HID headlights
Getting windows tinted and clear bra
Planning to upgrade wheels/tires

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Just got mine delivered today, paid 22k, 6spd. Parts already ordered:
Trailer hitch
HID headlights
Getting windows tinted and clear bra
Planning to upgrade wheels/tires
What hitch are you getting? And tint and clear bra are on my list, too.

Did your dealer replace your tires?

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
If you are interested in a clear bra, I am working with a guy that I bought a clear bra from a few years ago on a possible group purchase. I started a thread a few days ago on it. I am hoping to buy it soon so my new GSW stays as nice as possible as soon as I can get the buy going.

SKAAUDIVW

TDI
2015 GSW manual
Just grabbed a manual silk blue /black S trim and was happy with the deal. A good salesguy makes such a difference. Dealer said VW is paying all dealers to fix and get these up to par so in their best interest to make sure they are good to go. When calling around like 10 dealers within 250 miles some were absolutely idiotic and rude. Im calling to buy a car and they act like Im bothering them at their home. One dealer said the MSRP went up and was only 2500 if I wanted the manual. I laughed and he hung up.

Last edited:

Tigidal

TDI
SportWagen TDI
Anyone buying an SE? In the DC area I'm only getting quotes for $5000 off the $29K and change MSRP. Would like to know what others are paying.