Injector nozzles

Formula1TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf TDi GLS
What type of gain would installing larger injector nozzles yield?

Currently, the only mod I have is a mufflerectomy and a BMC airbox.

I plan to do a Stage 2 RocketChip remap in the future.
:cool:

johnnloki

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI
You've got a PD, so injectors are pricey- also, the stock injectors have enough headroom in them to max out the potential of the stock turbo, apparently.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
PP520's on there own would give around 20hp/25hp with a specified chip possibly a little more.

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Passat 1.9 TDI (PD)115
sorry to hijack the thread but i got in touch with a tuning company over here in the U.K. and they told me that they wouldn't recommend me doing the injectors unless the car is for track day use? on normal roads,it would be just too smoky,i was thinking of doing it after all the threads i read on here but could someone clarify how smoky it is?

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
What motor do you have then????

PD or ALH?????????

pp520s are for the ALH......Alot of people are buying pp764's because they are a nice nozzle and they are suitable for a larger turbo.....:)

PD upgrades here in North America are a PD150 Injector or PD150Race.

Formula1TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf TDi GLS
Smoke

Is there anyway to control the smoke? I guess not if you are burning more diesel.

Let's see smoke...power...smoke..power..

I could go for some more smoke.

Who sells the PD150 injectors? How much reasonable HP is expect with these PD150 injectors?

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
We were at a Kerma GTG in Portland.....

My hubby took a test drive in a gorgeous black wagon PD.

He had the PD150 injectors (which cost approx $600US) and the Alligator chip tune. He told us that he was around 150Horse. :)

The PD150 Injectors come from Europe (factory VW part).

Kerma does carry them, but I am sure you could source them elsewhere if you want as they are just a VW part. :cool:

Gil

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 auto wagon and 2004 stick
If you want anything above RC1+ you have to upgrade your clutch. My clutch will slip if I give too much pedal below 2000rpm.
If my wife breaks the clutch, I will upgrade and see Jeff again.:D
The car is fun to drive as it is now:D:D

rake

TDI
Transporter 1200 2.5 TDi
gor131-x said:
sorry to hijack the thread but i got in touch with a tuning company over here in the U.K. and they told me that they wouldn't recommend me doing the injectors unless the car is for track day use? on normal roads,it would be just too smoky,i was thinking of doing it after all the threads i read on here but could someone clarify how smoky it is?
Oldham - sounds familliar.

you'll find alot of the UK tuning shops dnt carry nozzles.
there is also alot of hocus pocus surrounding them.......

I run .216 in my T4 Transporter - currently parked in stockport ;)
and only get a bit of smoke when I floor it hard.

A good remapper will help cure the smoke from a simple nozzles install.

I got 35 bhp nozzles alone in my t4. with the remap we took her from 102 bhp to 155bhp no smoke or 19 bhp with moderate smoke.

a biggeer turbo and IC will sort smoke from bigger - or too big nozzles.

going from .185 to .216's requires a remap for smoke and power.

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
you've got a PD so nozzle changes are out of the question, your going to have the change out the whole injector www.kermatdi.com and just a chip tune should yeild you around 140 HP and 220 tq there abouts.

johnnloki

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI
Yeah, if I go to the trouble of throwing in new nozzles, I'll get the Race nozzles- the entry point for bigger nozzles is 6 bills + install (probably what, 250, 300 bucks?- it's not as simple as the ALH) Might as well spend the other 200 for the bigger than you need hardware, and tune accordingly. Just like buying a stage 1 clutch- it's a bit better than stock, but heck, if you're upgrading and paying for the install....