Flashing Glow plug light HPFP

zmann96

TDI
2012 Black Passat TDI Premium SEL
I just started getting the flashing glow plug light , reader says it's the HPFP. I've been searching all over for a rebuild kit for the Bosch 03L130755AA pump. Does anyone know where I can get a kit to rebuild. I have 120K for mileage so that extended warranty isn't going to help me. Has anyone done the repair or just replaced the pump. Thanks

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Does the engine still run? If so, just park it until you can sell it back.

If you really want to keep it, there are options out there for upgrading the pump. Check with AARodriquez at http://www.fixmyvw.com

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
If the HPFP sent out metal shavings then its more than just the HPFP. Injectors could have metal in them. metal in the fuel tank, lift pump. flushing out or replacing the fuel lines so old metal doesn't ruin your new HPFP Its usually more work than just replacing the HPFP.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
There are actually several ways in which an HPFP can fail. Unfortunately Jetlagmech has described the most common failure where the entire fuel system is trashed. It can, however, fail in other ways that are not nearly as disastrous. Knowing the exact fault codes that your car has stored would give us more information.

Also you can remove the fuel metering valve from the top of the HPFP and look at the intake screen. If it is full of metal shavings, you are in trouble - your HPFP has self-destructed. If it is clean, it could be other problems. As a general rule, I would try to find a TDI expert and try to avoid dealership service departments.

Have Fun!

Don

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Forget about a rebuild kit. The CP4 pumps are basically disposable. If you really want to keep the car for the long haul, the cp3 pump kit is nearly indestructable.

tvmaster

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
I just started getting the flashing glow plug light , reader says it's the HPFP. I've been searching all over for a rebuild kit for the Bosch 03L130755AA pump. Does anyone know where I can get a kit to rebuild. I have 120K for mileage so that extended warranty isn't going to help me. Has anyone done the repair or just replaced the pump. Thanks
We had this happen yesterday: loss of power, chug chug, glow plug warning light, and then, three minutes after the light appeared (first time in the cars history, btw), we could not restart the car.
Towed to our home-dealer, awaiting assessment. Any suggestions?
What, if any, parts of a 2010 JSW TDI had their warranty extended? I thought I read somewhere here the HPFP had been extended, but since no fix has been announced yet, we haven't decided on buy-back or fix.
I'd sure hate a $5k bill from VW, to be sure....

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
My 09 JSW HPFP VWoA warranty is extended to 120k miles. Don't know about 2010s.

Probably best to post in the MKV area...

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
this would be the second known HPFP failure, did you fill up at a new station?

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
I got the letter years ago for my 2010. HPFP warranty extended to 120,000 miles. but have been seeing posts here about some VW dealers reverting back to their old ways of blaming the customer......claiming bad fuel thus not covered. or saying if you didn't get the misfuel device installed by recall (that some found was an anti any fuel device) then not covered.

shawn120

TDI
2004 Jetta tdi /2010 Golf TDI wagon-Candy white -Pano/multimedia/DSG
2010 HPFP failure

You should be good if you are under 120,000 miles.

The US has the extended warranty.

Mine just went on my 2010 last week....I am fighting VW Canada, as we did not receive the warranty extension up here