Malone tune after VW emissions "fix"

Dirty

TDI
2014 Golf TDI
On a different forum I frequent someone stated that Malone tuning has already come out and stated that they will not tune TDi's that have had the emissions "fix" if there ever is one. No original source of information was provided and I have not been able to verify. has anyone heard anything on this topic?
Thanks.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Don't believe everything you read. We have made no such claim and do not plan on leaving our customers out to dry. We're developing turbo kits and other mods as we speak, and are prepared for whatever Volkswagen throws our way.

If you ever need to come straight to the source don't hesitate to PM one of us, or contact us at info@malonetuning.com

Dirty

TDI
2014 Golf TDI
Thanks for the replies. Yes, in the future I will just go ahead and contact Malone tuning.
I am planning on keeping my TDi.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Just to clarify: We won't be reverting cars back to their OLD stock file. The EPA mandated an emissions fix, VW carried through with it, and we don't want to be stepping on any toes reversing that work. Delete and power tunes will carry on as usually though, but keep in mind we also don't force OBD2-readiness monitors. If your state/province has emissions testing, you will need all of your hardware to pass it.

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
Dirty - I see you're in MD. As of now we do not test small diesel emissions. I don't see that changing. I could be wrong - but let's be honest - the govt is in business to make money and they would probably lose money testing our cars since there aren't many to begin with. They can probably force the fix in a similar way that CA does but I doubt they'll suddenly begin testing the few cars that us enthusiast decide to hold onto.

Last edited:

Dirty

TDI
2014 Golf TDI
Cptcrnch- Those are my thoughts on the MD emissions matter also. I would like to take the fix and cash and then get a Malone stage 2 and delete the DPF, EGR and any other hardware that comes with the fix if any.

My understanding from the previous posts is that this will be doable.

skycrane

TDI
'12 Audi A3, 96 E300, 87 300SDL
That's my plan as well. Getting the stage 2 done in the next month or so. Then getting the fix and my money, and using that to get rid of all the crappie vw just put on