High aluminum in oil analysis

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke

Just got my results back! News is good! So maybe the stock turbo/egr setup is the high aluminum issue? Or the Castrol, im not of fan of castrol oil due to issues on other engines. I know my 2nd stock CKRA turbo had a ton of end to end slop when I replaced it.

I changed the Castrol out at 5k miles and have run Rotella T6 with a quart of lucas synthetic oil stabilizer changed every 6100 miles since new. Had one turbo failure, one fod damaged from debris from the 1st one (dealer) and I just installed a cr170 turbo before this oil change. Running dpf egr delete and stage 2 tune. Car has been driven aggressively since new. Currently at 85500 miles.
UOA looks good. Isn't a quart of that Lucas additive a bit much? They recommend a quart in truck diesel engines that take 4 gals per change. Seems like very thick stuff.

RandomGuy

TDI
2014 Passat SE Manual
97 is nothing for a CKRA, looks great :D
Thanks; after re-reading this thread it sounds like there's limited value in getting the UOAs done from Blackstone as they don't have a good baseline and interpreting the results is almost like reading tarot cards. I'll do one at 80K and maybe another at 100K just to see what's what, but I'm certainly not going to monitor as closely as I'd thought.

Now time to sit back and see what the fix is and if it gets approved :rolleyes:

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
Thanks; after re-reading this thread it sounds like there's limited value in getting the UOAs done from Blackstone as they don't have a good baseline and interpreting the results is almost like reading tarot cards. I'll do one at 80K and maybe another at 100K just to see what's what, but I'm certainly not going to monitor as closely as I'd thought.

Now time to sit back and see what the fix is and if it gets approved :rolleyes:
Exactly!

mattbevans

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE, 2015 Audi Q7 Premium Plus
Looks like this is an old thread but it looks like based on what 767wrench provided, the high Al is most definitely coming from the emissions hardware. My question would be, how much wear metal is considered abrasive in the oil? If even 100ppm is no big deal then this engine looks like is wearing nicely all things considered.