Ad Blue heater warranty extension

Herkguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat SE sun/nav
Got my ad blue heater warranty extension in the mail today, wish I wasn't turning it in, heck half the car is under extended warranties..

Busydiver

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat TDI SEL
another item not too worry about

With the addition of this item I am more convinced to hang on until 2018 before I hand them the keys...

Herkguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat SE sun/nav
Definitely worth keeping with low miles.
If they through in the HPFP I think any potential issue would be covered.
Heater core, heater fan (tsb), turbo, exaughst flap, def tank heater, clock spring, airbag...I'm sure the rest of emmisions will get covered with the fix.
Anyone in the 10k a year club is golden..

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
^^^^^^^

This is more or less my feeling, keep those extended warranties coming, makes me more and more comfortable about waiting until Dec. 2018— but it still gets bought back.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Definitely worth keeping with low miles.
If they through in the HPFP I think any potential issue would be covered.
Heater core, heater fan (tsb), turbo, exaughst flap, def tank heater, clock spring, airbag...I'm sure the rest of emmisions will get covered with the fix.
Anyone in the 10k a year club is golden..
...except the tedious issue of knowing so many systems are so fragile, and NEVER knowing WHEN failure will occur...

scottohackett

TDI
ADBlue Heater warranty in mail

I saw the extended warranty come out today regarding this issue. According to my paperwork the "Temp Sensor failed" so they had to replace the entire in tank pump assembly. I forked up $675. My question is, is the adblue heater and temp sensory two different things or the same? I swear someone there said it keeps temp from freezing. Was two years ago so memory not so good. Thanks

Busydiver

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat TDI SEL
...except the tedious issue of knowing so many systems are so fragile, and NEVER knowing WHEN failure will occur...
I would agree...however all I need to be able to do is drive the car into the dealer's lot...so short of the engine seizing the risk in keeping it is low....of course I did not include getting T-Boned at an intersection and having the car totaled...and I walk away of course...