Window tint

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 1999.5 Golf 2 dr
Does anyone know of any GOOD window tinting places in either S.E / Central Pa, Maryland or Delaware? I had my Golf done in NJ, and if I can't locate any other decent place that is more convenient, I'll have to go back to Jersey.
Thanks

securityguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
Wayne from Sun & Shade is in Boyertown, PA (outside of Philly) and does great work. I had window tinting and 3M clear paint protection done on my Denali there. Wayne can be reached at 610-367-1965 and does awesome work and uses top notch 3M films.

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
securityguy said:
Wayne from Sun & Shade is in Boyertown, PA (outside of Philly) and does great work. I had window tinting and 3M clear paint protection done on my Denali there. Wayne can be reached at 610-367-1965 and does awesome work and uses top notch 3M films.
Thanks, I'll give him a call

Rodya

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI; 2009 VW Rabbit and 2013 VW Golf Gasser
Just got mine tinted last week... 20% rear window, 35% rear doors, 50% (state legal in ohio) using Madico Charcool... with black interior, front looks far darker than 50%... and it does make a huge difference on heat... interior is cooler... not to mention seats...;)

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
Rodya said:
Just got mine tinted last week... 20% rear window, 35% rear doors, 50% (state legal in ohio) using Madico Charcool... with black interior, front looks far darker than 50%... and it does make a huge difference on heat... interior is cooler... not to mention seats...;)
That's good to know. Mine's darker than that, but the heat is still pretty much up there

KROUT

persona non grata
Just so you guys know I have used many many films and llumar atr charcoal is the best at lasting. Its 100% color stable and will not fade peel or bubble even after 8 years. I own a tint shop and this is the only film I have ever used that actually will last 8 years and more.

You can find llumar dealers with the dealer locations on there website

Mondog1

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 B4V
Intech said:
Did their tint, not only reduce glare, but also heat? The tint on my Golf reduced glare, but I don't think it did much, if anything for heat reduction
My car before I tinted the windows was very uncomfortable! I had 30% tint put on all of the windows, including the sunroof, except the front window. My car is much more comfortable. I'd guess it is probably 15 degrees cooler now, ac turned to 1 or 2 instead of 3 or 4, my head isn't getting tanned like it did before (benefits of having a shaved head). The glare is also greatly reduced.

KROUT

persona non grata
Most 30% films give a 40-50% heat rejection. Llumar atr 30 is 46%
Most darker films 15% give 40%-60% heat rejection. Llumar atr 15 gives 50% heat rejection. I cant remember the glare reduction numbers but the 30 is around 50%glare reduction The 15 gives almost 60-70%.

Brokk

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 GLS TDI JETTA
Mondog, I too shave my head because um Bruce Willis is cool and I like the style... Yeah that's right.. well anyway, I am pretty sure that the window glass in all modern cars has UV protectant built in without any tinting necessary to keep one from getting sunburned, in my case tanned for others, while driving.

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
The other day here it was sunny, hot and dry. With the passenger window part way down (no tint at all on my car - yet) I could feel the difference in temperature on the skin of my arm from light passing through the window or not. Many people have argued with me when I tell them that OEM vehicle glass is UV protected, but it definitely is on VWs.

KROUT

persona non grata
Brokk said:
Mondog, I too shave my head because um Bruce Willis is cool and I like the style... Yeah that's right.. well anyway, I am pretty sure that the window glass in all modern cars has UV protectant built in without any tinting necessary to keep one from getting sunburned, in my case tanned for others, while driving.
there is not enough uv protection in plain glass. If there were the interior would not fade. You can and will get a sunburn threw stock vw glass.