www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old January 14th, 2016, 18:54   #7381
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47/42/38

We do have a big back yard and can park maybe 5 cars in the driveway.
Curious Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 23:13   #7382
TornadoRed
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Chris View Post
Furnace is cranky. Tomorrow I am taking a picture of the Honeywell gas valve and researching it.
You're going to need that furnace, soon.
'03 Golf with 824k miles: Bosio DLC 764, GT1749VB, PP 2.5" downpipe, Malone tuning, VR6/G60 clutch/flywheel, Bilstein HDs, Recaros, Akebono pads/Brembo rotors, Cat fuel filter with Nicktane head, DG Panzer w/FMJ, Blizzaks, Delvac1 Plus 2 other '03 TDIs
Become a TDI Club Contributor. http://forums.tdiclub.com/payments.php
TornadoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2016, 15:11   #7383
Steve-o
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 58/42/32

Welcome back to the TC, Chris! Camden is IMHO an underrated neighborhood. Enjoy.
Old January 25th, 2016, 01:45   #7384
vwdrvr

Fuel Economy: 39 MPG City driving on a regular basis.

Can someone please tell me where I can find an EGR delete kit for my 2012 Jetta TDI sedan. I have the CJAA motor with the EGR right out front. It's throwing codes and I'm wanting to get rid of it.
Old January 25th, 2016, 11:02   #7385
greengeeker

Fuel Economy: 42.2/50.0/58.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwdrvr View Post
Can someone please tell me where I can find an EGR delete kit for my 2012 Jetta TDI sedan. I have the CJAA motor with the EGR right out front. It's throwing codes and I'm wanting to get rid of it.
here's one: http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.u...race-pipe.html

and here's another: http://www.buzzken.com/hp-egr-race-pipe-for-cr-tdis/
TDIclub trusted mechanic in Minnesota - PM me

Last edited by greengeeker; January 25th, 2016 at 11:34.
greengeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 13:30   #7386
JFettig

Please don't buy that darkside racepipe, despite my input to him designing the o-ring steal properly, it still does not seal up, nor does it even contact the intake after torquing it down.

fixmyvw.com also sells the same racepipe that Buzzken has listed, this one is well made and designed correctly.

On common rail engines, you can't just delete the EGR and get away with it, the EGR systems are tied into the rest of the emissions too much you'll need to do a full delete and get a tune.
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 17:35   #7387
vwdrvr

Thank you very much. I've been looking all over the place trying to find parts for this darn thing and the only results i get is for the AHL 1.9 motor. I have the CJAA 2.0 motor, which I haven't seen very many aftermarket options for. Am I able to do a tune with VCDS? And I don't have VCDS, where in MN can I get a tune done? I live in Maplewood.
Old January 25th, 2016, 17:41   #7388
vwdrvr

Also, what would happen if I drove without the tune?
Old January 25th, 2016, 18:00   #7389
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47/42/38

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwdrvr View Post
Thank you very much. I've been looking all over the place trying to find parts for this darn thing and the only results i get is for the AHL 1.9 motor. I have the CJAA 2.0 motor, which I haven't seen very many aftermarket options for. Am I able to do a tune with VCDS? And I don't have VCDS, where in MN can I get a tune done? I live in Maplewood.

I think Jon Fettig can give you a tune as he is a Malone Dealer and he has been at it for a while. . I own VCDS Hex-Can that should work on your car.
Curious Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 18:11   #7390
vwdrvr

Thanks. I'll talk to him. I really, really do appreciate the quick responses on here that I've gotten. I've joined other enthusiast forums for other cars and trucks that I've owned and haven't seen as quick of a response as here, especially from people that live so close to me.
Old January 28th, 2016, 10:50   #7391
MPLSTDI
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 06 Jetta DSG
Fuel Economy: Max 54, 44 avg

In case anyone is interested, I came across a 92 Tacoma with a diesel swap (not TDI)
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...414781553.html

It's a Mercedes straight 5 cylinder with a 5spd 4x4 for 7k. I miss my Liberty and would love a smaller 4x4 with a diesel, mostly been keeping my eye out for a TDI in a Wrangler. Since I am not as talented by greengeeker, I don't plan on doing it myself. I don't know the guy but don't see these around much just throwing it out there.
Old January 28th, 2016, 14:02   #7392
TDICADDGUY
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42/46/51 with 5 speed - was 36/40/42 with 01M

Been awhile since I've been active here, good to see some familiar usernames still active. My car is still going strong as my daily, thanks to Nick helping me out on several occasions.

I got married (for the 2nd and last time) in September. My wife and I started house shopping in December, and we will officially be moving to Blaine in March (closing Feb 26th). New place has a shallow 3 car garage, insulated but no heat (yet). Can't wait to get it setup and do a lot of deferred maintenance on my car...need to keep the old gal running for as long as I can.
Old January 28th, 2016, 16:05   #7393
Namakan
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDICADDGUY View Post
Been awhile since I've been active here, good to see some familiar usernames still active. My car is still going strong as my daily, thanks to Nick helping me out on several occasions.

I got married (for the 2nd and last time) in September. My wife and I started house shopping in December, and we will officially be moving to Blaine in March (closing Feb 26th). New place has a shallow 3 car garage, insulated but no heat (yet). Can't wait to get it setup and do a lot of deferred maintenance on my car...need to keep the old gal running for as long as I can.
I see your car from time to time in the mornings as I travel south through Chaska to Hwy 169 towards the Burnsville area. Congrats on the new house and garage!

Namakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2016, 09:14   #7394
TDICADDGUY
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42/46/51 with 5 speed - was 36/40/42 with 01M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namakan View Post
I see your car from time to time in the mornings as I travel south through Chaska to Hwy 169 towards the Burnsville area. Congrats on the new house and garage!
Thanks! We can't wait to get moved in. My commute is going to roughly double, but 40 minutes (excluding accidents/weather/construction) isn't bad at all. And the wife is going to have a nice short commute when her job moves to the Target Campus in Brooklyn Park (currently near West End).
I think I've seen a silver Golf like yours, but they are a little more ubiquitous than my car is. Hopefully I wasn't driving like a jerk. If you see me again before March, give me a wave because I will be on the 610/252/100 route after that.

Last edited by TDICADDGUY; January 29th, 2016 at 09:17.
TDICADDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2016, 09:31   #7395
woodsmen

TDI(s): beetle

Anybody have any recommendations about a shop in northern mn to have my timing belt done at on my 06. I am approaching 100,000 on the beetle and need to get it in. Thanks and sorry if this was already asked.
woodsmen is offline   Reply With Quote