Can’t get tdi to run right, please help!

Flooormatt

TDI
VW golf tdi
So I installed some pp520’s on my golf. Before the upgrade I was getting a little white smoke every now and again, also the cars power/speed seemed very lacking. Couldn’t even merge onto the highway fast then 63 mph, not sure if this is normal for these cars. Got the injectors pop tested and everything before I installed them. The car starts to sputter pretty bad at 1700 rpms and produces a lot of white smoke. Vcds software said my timing was good and I turned my IQ up to 5.2. Vcds also read a p0102 code for my maf sensor. I’m ordering a new maf sensor hoping this was the issue. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

TLH_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon
Have you cleaned the intake recently? Remove large elbow and look into the EGR valve with a mirror and flashlight, clogging will cause loss of power.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Try it with the maf unplugged and see if there's any difference, a bad maf will cause really low power, can also cause random hesitation through the revs.

I had one over that I unplugged and the car ran great, owner never bothered replacing it lol

Flooormatt

TDI
VW golf tdi
Have you cleaned the intake recently? Remove large elbow and look into the EGR valve with a mirror and flashlight, clogging will cause loss of power.
Checked the egr, and man was it clogged! (I’ve only had the car for a few weeks so this is my first time checking it) I’m in the middle of tearing off the egr cooler and intake manifold so I can inspect/clean them. An opinion on a egr delete? Is there a way to delete it without losing the ASV?