MK IV drivers side window switches

737tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI, Tornado Red (faded), 238,000 miles!
Howdy guys: I thought I would post this up. My 2003 Jetta drivers side window switch broke so it was very difficult to operate. Did a little searching and World Impex had the part. Piece of cake to change. Just pop off the inside of the door pull (has little nodules) then lift out the whole switch assy.. Disconnect the plug and plug in the new one. Reinstall your handle and voila. All is good again. Less then $40.

Everyone here needs some interior parts tools. Little plastic prybars and release tools. You can buy them at lots of places online.

I should have take pics.. But it is just to easy.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
I've had mine out several times and I finally figured out how to remove the dimpled handle cover without nicking it. I now have a nylon type of trim removal tool and the trick is to pry from below. Like you said, it's pretty easy, but I had to trim off some of the foam backed cloth for the front clip to seat. I've had my switch assembly apart due to the driver's front window that would not open manually. This last time I replaced a couple of the tiny Phillips screws with slightly larger screws because the pads were not making proper contact unless I squeezed the casing with my hand.