Oil light /yelllow on

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta 2015 sel grey / black interior
Any one know if your low 0n oil say a quart would it make your light come on ?

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
NO, if it comes on, its because you have low oil pressure, not volume.
low oil pressure = engine eating its self and your doing damage. if you ever see that light come on, SHUT IT DOWN ASAP without casing a wreck and call a tow truck.
Some times, it is possible to get an air bubble up into the pressure transducer but its rare.

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
Oil light

I thought this also but got the manual out yellow light = Oil level too low. Or engine level to high . Or a engine oil system malfunction maybe that means oil sensor
And if its Red states pressure to low . So this would be this first car in 34 years of driving that I have had a low warnings for a quart of oil. Ned to visit Vw dealer tomorrow to get a quart

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I thought this also but got the manual out yellow light = Oil level too low. Or engine level to high . Or a engine oil system malfunction maybe that means oil sensor
And if its Red states pressure to low . So this would be this first car in 34 years of driving that I have had a low warnings for a quart of oil. Ned to visit Vw dealer tomorrow to get a quart
OH, HA, your right on that one.
If your dealing with a warrenty or free service, go for it, why with the dealership? you hate money?

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
U hate money ? Not sure what that means. 2015 tdi comes with a 2 year cpo warranty bumper to bumper and 11 year 163,000 miles on every thing except dsg

Duke_962

TDI
2003 jetta 5spd
The yellow lite also stays on till it sees the hood open and closed one time. So if you add and start it won't go out till you close the hood.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
U hate money ? Not sure what that means. 2015 tdi comes with a 2 year cpo warranty bumper to bumper and 11 year 163,000 miles on every thing except dsg
dealerships

nuf said

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
The Oil lever sensor feature has been available worlwide for a while on VAG. I dont know why it took soo long for this feature to make it to the US....