No power to auxiliary fuel pump

TDI454

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed
Hi guys.
New to the TDI world.
I have searched the threads and can't find my issue, but I have a 2012 jetta tdi stick with 50k miles. The other day while filling up, the car spits and sputters while idling at the pump and dies. Doesn't like to start and then dies seconds after.
Fast forward, couldn't find water in fuel,
Filter and housing are clean
Pulled high pressure regulator, clean, no shavings, trash , water or anything
Auxiliary pump( near right strut over engine) runs fine when jumped to battery
When pump is jumped, car starts, runs for a few seconds. Then sputters and dies.
Checked all fuses over left strut and under dash on left side. Tested all relays in same places except for the ziptied one under dash and multi prong one under hood fuse panel.
Filter is good
Car ran great till this.
Pumped at least a quart of fuel out, no water in fuel.
Checked connections at ecm and fuel pump.
Still no power at aux pump, at key on, while cranking, ever.
Got a subscription to alldata last night and I'm fixin to start testing
Any ideas before I get into this?
Oh, pulled p1007 and p1005 codes. Cleared them, no difference
Thanks in advance.

TDI454

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed
Well, I gave up and took it to pierce auto in bouckville NY. I was hoping someone
on here would have some knowledge on this but I guess not. Guess I'll be investing in a ross tech vag com. Seems like the issues I run into are always a little too indepth or unheard of so I go it alone. When I decipher what happened from what they tell me they did I'll share it in case someone else runs into the same issue.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
If my understanding is correct the elec pumps wont run with key on. thats why we need VCDS to do fuel filter changes. to run the pumps and prime. running for a few seconds and dieing.... other than fuel problem, could be an immobilizer problem, (security system).

if your problem is the intermediate pump and you jumped it, the car should have run fine the entire time it was jumped. not just a few seconds then die. The in tank pumps dont usually fail while running, they fail on startup.

If my car, my concern now would be if I got air in system troubleshooting and thats causing another no-start problem unrelated to the first.

good luck, hope it ends up being an easy fix.