no power at fuel pump?!

addam27

TDI
2005 jetta
I have a 05 jetta wagon tdi. I have no power to the fuel pump under rear seat, even when the key is in the on position. when does this pump get power? is there a relay? I thought it might be relay 109 but the gp light turns on when you turn the key to on. really confused, any help would be great. thanks.

derick

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
fuel pump

I beleive there is only power to the pump until the pressure in the line reaches about 50 lbs. It will only turn on for about 1-2 sec then shut off. If car is running it will turn on to maintain fuel pressure when neeeded. You can hot wire it and remove fuel line from filter & put in jar to check rate of flow.

addam27

TDI
2005 jetta
the fuel line is disconected before the fuel filter, nothing comes out with the key turned on. and when I tested the hot wire to the fuel pump I get nothing, even right when turning the key on. I checked all the fuses and connections. I purchased a fuel pump relay, they gave me number 409, but there is no 409 in my relay panel. does anyone know what number fuel pump relay is in this car. thanks.

derick

Last edited:

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
Fuel pump relay

Fuel pump relay is located under left dashboard, above vehicle electrical system control module. Fuel pump relay (J17) is below driver seat adnustment circuit breaker (30A) and furthest to right.