Biodiesel is a Super De-Greaser

Bean Eater

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, Blue, auto
Last Fall, when I de-commissioned my boat, I used a product called BoeShield. It is an aerosol which coats the metal (line cleats, bow chocks, etc.) to be protected from environmental corrosion with a tacky film. Unfortunately, on a fiberglass boat it also coats the surrounding fiberglass. The BoeShield coating was impossible to remove with the normal boat-soap wash I administer in the spring, leaving an apparent stain on the fiberglass getcoat.

Recalling the properties of biodiesel, I tried it out on the residue. Not only did it remove the stain from the fiberglass gelcoat, but it also removed some marks from an unfortunate contact with a fuel dock last season.

I removed the biodiesel remaining with some Windex and a paper towel and my boat never looked so good.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I use it to remove grease stains from everything. The garage floor, cloths, under the hood, you name it. It's not stinky like a lot of the stuff that's commercially available.

Jason

gardentender

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
Jetta GL 5 spd, 2001, Galactic Blue
i have used BD to remove spilt petro-diesel and additive odors from the trunk carpeting and clothing.