URGENT HELP needed..

papiot

Veteran Member
I just got home from work, about 25 min drive, city only - i used the AC the whole way (I rarely use the AC, but today is waaay to hot in the GTA).

Anyway, when I got home, I noticed that both radiator fans do not turn off after i turn off the engine. This is the first time when something like this happens. Is this normal? will they turn off by themselves when the engine cools off a little?

- coolant level is good
- nothing is leaking or looks out of place
- 193,000km, 2005 Golf TDI
- engine coolant temperature is normal
- no CEL

any help appreciated...:eek:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
They should turn off after the temperatures in the rad cool down. If not, you likely have a bad fan control module.

papiot

Veteran Member
Umm..ok so just a little update - they stayed on for at least 20 minutes while the car was off, then i drove the car 2 minutes with the AC OFF, i stopped for 10 minutes (the fans turned off), then i drove back with the AC ON, and now they're not stopping again....

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
its hot out, the AC is working hard...

if driving around with the AC off, then parking with the car off, the fans should turn off shortly after. if not, then as stated above, pull the fuse.

papiot

Veteran Member
Thanks for all the reply guys...

I'm still not sure what's going on... The fans turned off eventually but after 30-40 minutes...

I just came back from a 30 min drive, with no AC, and i stopped the car and the fans turned off right away.

Maybe it was because the car was uber hot... now that I think of it, i've never driven with the AC on when this hot outside... I rarely use the AC, and when I do is mostly on the highway...

About the fuses - i looked at the fuse box/diagram, but couldn't find the fuse for the fans there. Is there another place where I can find fuses?

Many thanks again.

moore.ba

Veteran Member
TDI
Mine does the same thing. Not for 20 min though. More like 10. I have a 09 and I am sure that its was engineered to be this way. I think its actually pretty cool.