Sotam123's Mk4 Golf TDI progress thread

Sotam123

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH & AJM
Soo here is another update(i know its been kinda dead, but i started school in aircraft mechanics, plus work and gf)
Anyways got my Evolution skid plate January 3rd, and installed it a little over a week ago. The car defenetly scrapes more since its already slammed but its taken many hard hits. 5/5 for build quality, instructions are pretty good and riv nut installation went smooth(except i tried putting a small one were the big ones go, good thing it comes with a spare :)
took me about 1hour, to install (not including taking my intercooler off to get it out of the way of one of the holes..) soo around 1:45 in total outside in the cold haha
here are some pics;

the only negative i have to say is that when i tried to screw in the oil change hole cover plate, both screw holes got stripped..i barely used any force..soo this means i have no cover now since its un-usable..
I tried contacting evolution imports for this issue, but didnt get any reply to this (except tried to retap it)..so that sucks.
Also changed one of the shift linkage ends on my car since it was warn out and would pop off the selector all the time making me loose all gears..
the old nasty linkage;

Im currently getting quotes to get my flex pipe replaced since its completley open and my engine bay its all black in soot..when i get that sorted ill need a good engine wash:)

Sotam123

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH & AJM
Sotam- the engine bay before/after is amazing! What did you use? Awesome job!
lol sorry but thats not me..thats seatman..my engine is all black, will be doing the same treatment as him as sson as i fix my flex pipe leak(wenesday)..
he says he used g101

maybe pm him, im sure he can help you out better

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Doh! I admired the pix and didn't realize it was his engine posted in your thread! Never heard of g101, I'll have to look it up.

Continued G/L with the build. Looking forward to more progress!

Sotam123

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH & AJM
u asking this in the wrong place, but just upload ur picture on a website(i use imageshack, ) the past the direct url onto the forum

Sotam123

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH & AJM
Sold

Well sold the car last friday to get one of my dream vw, a 1992 jetta D that was converted turbo. he rebuild the head all the way up, no rust at all, undercoated, mk3 subframe, all poly bushings and vmaxx suspension. porsche 7 slot mags. has nothing to do to it except has a prestone leak at a pipe. I changed the shifter bushings today and put a brand new bosch alternator on it.
its slow but im gonna enjoy it, very good handling and very stiff. gonna only drive it in summer, planning on polishing the muffler and the rear axle beam stabilitly bars to contrast on its black paint.
also got a tdiclub sticker for it yesterday :)
here are a few pics;

gonna miss the old one but it had to go, didnt feel like spending more money on it.. gonna have a blast with this one guaranteed!

Sotam123

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH & AJM
yep very happy with it just gave it a brand new bosch alternator and new shifter buahings today and thats about it, have a few little things to do to it, but i love it because its basic and no electric crap lol