a6 2.5 tdi ael hard tuning!

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
I'd rather put BW s252sx-e (it's also cheap - if that is the only spec needed for turbo) instead of Holset at any day, If you are aiming seriously for past 400hp. For smaller power something like gen1 gtx2967r .64a/r would be my choice. Comact size, big power and good spooling. And not that far from Holset price-range. Still just not quite sure why did i sold mine that had 63 comp. :p
OR
Customize some other turbo for your specs. I have quite a good single spooling turbo made parts our from k26, k27 and s200/efr.

Making twins to b5/b6/b7/c5 engine bay is quite a job but something might be fitted i'm sure. :p

Layerz

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 2.5 TDI AKE
easy way out would be the 3.0 biturbo setup. its pretty cheap and compact and flows 400-420hp.

Pretty looking thing....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A6-A...518429&hash=item23713c647e:g:vzYAAOSwdIFXxUT0

But Honestly I wasn't aware of that set up so well noted!

Edit:

Just seen Diffas reply.

My B6 will likely be a year in to making as I have a 924 that has a hell of a wiring/rewire job to tackle before I can use that to take the B6 of the road for a bit and in the meantime I'll be sorting everything else as I plan to have this car for a good few years..

I am tempted to get something else to play in between that leads to this - but something where mistakes can be afforded.

Last edited:

sector

TDI
A6 2.5TDIQ AEL
I am starting to consider a GTB2260vk...But is the ECU change a must? MSA11 stock...Or is there any other ways?

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
I am starting to consider a GTB2260vk...But is the ECU change a must? MSA11 stock...Or is there any other ways?
Ecu change should be the first mod on these. Hje 8bit brick is limited in so many ways.

Lähetetty minun Moto G (4) laitteesta Tapatalkilla

sector

TDI
A6 2.5TDIQ AEL
What ECU would you guys recommend? EDC15vm+? Standalone ECU is problably a NO for the AEL? Also, does the OEM ECU have a speed limiter and how to disable it?

Last edited:

Matei & Hari

TDI
Audi a6 c4 quattro 2.5 tdi
Hi guys, a6 c4 2.5 tdi ael quattro owner here. I want my engine to spool as fast as possible but non-vnt because that will be fairly easier to make it work lol. My target power is something like 200hp-220hp and i was thinking of the he200wg 4cm housing turbo. I've seen shadowmaker's receipt for the 2.5 and it had been inspiring, but my goal is to achieve a crawling like, low rpm torque, and also to hold a lot of boost while spooling, so the holsets should be just perfect. My project car should be like an ultimate allroad version. Raised the car up by 10cm had to do some adjusting as i broke two rear shocks... was able to go through deep mud with 195/80/15 all terrain tires, and i haven't been stuck once... i have bought and s4 c4 rear locking diff, 4.11 ratio (the correct one) and i'll install it at some point as i have to the the vacuum and electric bits. I will also install an a6 c5 allroad low range from the manual gearbox, as the center diff has a two step for 1.5 gear reduction ratio, from 9kmh to 5 kmh at the same rpm and i'm about to acquire this as it comes only for 01e gearbox! Pretty neat 👌. I only need a good and capable turbo, my kkk14 is loosing lots of oil and i just have it serviced. My car's name is Hari btw , c4_theory on instagram but i rarely enter there nowdays. So should the he200wg be a suitable turbo or will it start to creep in high rpm? Or to surge? I want to keep as much of the oem components as i can. Thx. In the future i'll think of a compound setup but thought this was a good turbo to start with.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
VNT can be retrofitted into an AEL. Theres really no substitute for VNT if low end performance is your priority. GTD1752VRK and its hybrids will support your HP targets while having excellent transient performance from tick over.

Matei & Hari

TDI
VNT can be retrofitted into an AEL. Theres really no substitute for VNT if low end performance is your priority. GTD1752VRK and its hybrids will support your HP targets while having excellent transient performance from tick over.
Thanks for the reply! I have no ideea how to make a mechanical VNT or to retrofit one.. also, how am i going to tune the engine properly? Only with stand alone? Or by advancing the pump and that's it?

Matei & Hari

TDI
At the moment, tuning wise, i opened the wastegate housing and added some pressure plates to stiffen the spring inside and chip tuned the ecu... italian max potenza, but any advices would be much appreciated. I also thought about changing the nozzles to some dss ultime 2? Or is that overkill? Or it has less stress on the pump at this power with the bigger nozzles? Thank you!

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
Correct me but I think best solution for the tune AEL is to use edc15/harness out from the t4 transporter 2.5tdi engine and use n75 or use n75 pwm signal for controlling electronic actuator of vnt.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Correct me but I think best solution for the tune AEL is to use edc15/harness out from the t4 transporter 2.5tdi engine and use n75 or use n75 pwm signal for controlling electronic actuator of vnt.
I think so. There is an old thread where several people posted successfully modding the AEL with VNTs. However, I don't recall whether the MSA was retained or updated with the Transporter EDC.

Edit: Start here https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/audi-ael-vnt-software.416364/

Matei & Hari

TDI
I think so. There is an old thread where several people posted successfully modding the AEL with VNTs. However, I don't recall whether the MSA was retained or updated with the Transporter EDC.

Edit: Start here https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/audi-ael-vnt-software.416364/
This is awesome, thanks guys! How hard is it to convert everything? Is it only the ECU? Is it plug and play? What do i need to take into consideration while doing a mod like this? Can i find an adapter that suits the old harness to the new ecu? Sorry i'm such a newb.. what about cruise control and everything that would need changing? Sorry but i know nothing. Is it as easy as just getting a new ecu, getting it to work and just tune it accordingly ? If so, i think i'll just change the setup when i'll find a good turbo as mentioned above..

Last edited:

Matei & Hari

TDI
And also, taking into consideration the fact that i may lose spool time and/or power, is the he200wg worth it? Found offers for even as little as 300$ for used ones without shipping of course, about 600$ for them new+ shipping+ exhaust flange and air pipe

Booxter

TDI
1.9TDI AVB
I soldered such control units based on EDC15.
Cruise Control works.
To reflash via OBD it is necessary to remove the immo box.