Teves 04 G101 Sensor & 01276

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
I'm troubleshooting code 01276 ABS Hydraulic Pump V64 Signal Outside Tolerances. In the Bentley trouble shooting matrix in the "T" section (starting at T-01-53), I'm supposed to perform steps 15, 27, 35 and 36. The car is a 07/94 glx b4v.

step 15 (winding resistance of ABS hyd pump relay J185) Ok
step 27 (resistance of hyd pump sensor G101) no reading at all, like the circuit is open
step 35 (function of ABS hyd pump v64) Ok, pump runs as it should
step 36 checks edl function, not performed yet

My question is, is the G101 sensor available and replaceable ? Where is it located on the ABS pump ?

Any other ideas to get this going ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
TDI
96 glx variant tdi
When performing step 35 the pump is manually activated. I drove it a few feet, hit the brakes and the abs stopped the car. Seems like overkill to toss the whole abs controller because of one sensor I can't figure out.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Unfortunately, most all ABS units, be they from Bosch, Ate/Teves, Kelsey-Hayes, Tokico, etc. generally do not have any service parts available. When one part is bad, the whole unit gets replaced. Bosch later sold the ECU part seperate on most versions (thankfully) but not all.

Not too sure on your particular Teves system, as they were not too common around these parts, but I may have a good unit taken off of some A3/B3/B4 GLX car in the Archives, I will try and look this weekend.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I cannot find a G101 anywhere in the ABS diagram. It may be intergral with the V64 pump itself.

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
The g101 sensor is within the electric motor itself, or that is where the wires go (the two smaller ones between the two larger ones). So.... I'm on the prowl for the whole TEVES04 enchilada unit if anyone has one.

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
Although Bentley says not to, I swapped the electric motor having the bad g101 with another motor with resistance check saying the g101 was good. It isn't a pretty job, but it worked, no more 01276 due to the g101 sensor. The g101 must be a hydraulic pressure sensor as it isn't obvious when looking into the motor.