I should buy this gsw, right?

jason0423

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 gsw tdi
I found a dealer that has a car i want. Mostly.
2015 new tdi golf sportwagen. They're willing to discount it, which most dealers I've found are not. Plus the $5,000 discount and it seems good.
I'd be trading in my 2014 Ford Fusion for sure, and probably also my 2001 beetle tdi.
I've got negative equity on the Fusion, but I'd have zero issue with keeping it for the next ten years. The Fusion has just never been a car I've fallen in love with. It's just a car.
I do like the soortwagen. I do like blue. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about an automatic, but from my experience, the dsg is at least better than the average automatic.
Payment goes up from my Fusion, but again -- much better warranty, and I'm not exactly scraping money out of the couch cushion for my payments now. Just want to make sure all bases are covered.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
If you want it, go for it. I'd hold out for a manual, but you've been driving an auto so maybe you'll like the DSG. The GSW is a great car.

However, I'd sell the NB privately. The dealer won't want a 16 year old car and you'll get more for it if you advertise it here and/or on CL.

jason0423

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 gsw tdi
It's a gsw S. $1100 off sticker and the $5000 rebate. $11,500 trade for the Fusion which is about right, and $1000 for the beetle.

Other dealers I've spoken with are staying at sticker, only offering $400-500 for the beetle and 11-11500 for the Fusion.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
That sounds like a pretty good deal, even on the Beetle. You probably could get another $500 or $1000 out of the Beetle if it's in good condition and you want to go to the trouble.

jason0423

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 gsw tdi
I bought it today. Ended up keeping the beetle because my wife loves it and wants it for herself, which means I'll probably end up either putting a ton of money into making g it a nice automatic car for her when she doesn't have the kids, or she will change her mind and I'll end up selling it privately. My guess is #2, but who knows. Maybe I'll just keep teaching myself stuff and learn a lot from this old alh.
I pick up the new car tomorrow afternoon after the dealer gets everything all cleaned up and ready to go. I had my triplets when I went in today and I think we all just wanted to get out of there. Pics to come. I'm excited though. Haven't owned a wagon since my 06 dodge magnum r/t. Gotta figure out the warranty in this, because it's begging for some upgrades.