Any Phoenix gurus?

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Any TDI gurus in Phoenix anymore? Specifically in the West side Buckeye, Goodyear/Avondale, Litchfield Park area? My son recently bought a 2015 Passat SEL TDI with the phase-1 fix and the extended warranty on all the expensive stuff.

He loves the car. He does his own basic maintenance (oil & filter changes). I have him buying his supplies and parts from IDParts so he's good there. He will need a DSG service later this summer and I don't want him to go to a dealer for that and pay through the nose. He takes his car to the VW dealership at the Avondale Auto Mall for warranty work. No problems with that.

With a knowledgeable helper/mentor, fluid fill tool, a VCDS, and a way to lift the car off the ground at least a foot and keep it level, the DSG service is a good afternoon project. Those are the things he will need. My car being a 6-speed manual I never had the chance to learn the DSG fluid change procedure so I'm no help. Otherwise I'd just do a road trip and help him out.

Any leads, suggestions, pointers, etc will be greatly appreciated.

We now know how to make it rain in the desert, get your car detailed! Seriously, he had his car detailed and it rained the very next day. Phoenix has like 36 rain days/year. What are the odds of that? ~1:10... :p

My favorite photo because one of the granddaughters photobombed it.

Drive more and worry less.

:)

Last edited:

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
So, this is totally unhelpful, but I don't know anyone on the West Side. However, it made my heart sad to see no replies so I am replying in an effort to keep the Southwest forum from being so dead ;)

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
Derek at Exklusiv Motorsports in North Phoenix seems to know these cars well. At least the older models... I've had him do my timing belts. And he's a really good guy. I assume he works on all of them and he's listed in the trusted mechanics thread.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bryanmabbott

TDI
'02 VW Golf Manual; '13 Touareg TDI
I don't know anyone on the west side, but Derek at Exclusive motorwerks now renamed Autobahn Mortorwerks I have had positive experience with. If you visit his shop, it's like an automotive museum there; there's about 50 various Audi/VWs.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
My son had the DSG service done at the Avondale VW dealership for $377. I told him that was a very good price. They also performed the clock-spring recall at that time. So far it's been a very good car for him.

:)

Last edited:

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Yeah, I wish we had a guru. I'm sure if one moved here, they'd be set for diesel work for life. There seem to be a fair number of VW Tdi's and other brands too.

I'm back into VW's with my recent purchase of a Touareg Tdi, so I will be needing guru help I'm sure. Does anyone in the valley have VCDS or Vag-Tacho? I'd like to customize the 'Reg.

We should do a gtg, no matter how dead this section seems. At least to drink beer and eat food.

Nick

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
I found AZ Euros in Mesa to be pretty good.
Just saw this post...was about to post asking if anyone knew of another TDI mechanic. Have been having some frustrating experiences lately. Doing a lot of work myself (with my son's help) and starting to feel like it's the only work I can trust. I may look up AZ Euros...

anahata

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 GOLF GLS, 4dr, silver, 5sp,
+1 for Derek. He did a Timing belt and Fuel pump reseal on my ALH years ago. -1 for the AZ guru scene. It has always been a desert that way.