www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs

VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs This is a discussion about MKIII-A3/MkIII Jetta/Golf (<99.5) and B4 Passats (96,97) TDI's. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old June 21st, 2011, 13:41   #1
smilesyota

Default underhood 98 jetta pics intercooler piping?

Bought a jetta that the owner had removed the engine and complete front clip. New to vw, this is my first one. 98 jetta tdi 5sp got most of it installed missing bits here and there. Need to figure out the intercooler routing so i can try and start it and see if im missing anything else. thanks for any help. Pics are worth a thousand words!!! thanks.
smilesyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 14:26   #2
LDForget

TDI(s): 97 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilesyota View Post
Bought a jetta that the owner had removed the engine and complete front clip. New to vw, this is my first one. 98 jetta tdi 5sp got most of it installed missing bits here and there. Need to figure out the intercooler routing so i can try and start it and see if im missing anything else. thanks for any help. Pics are worth a thousand words!!! thanks.
I recently removed the motor/trans/....everything, from a 98 jetta tdi. Ill throw together the intake piping real quick next time im close to it and snap a picture. Heres a pic of what was left of it when i brought it in for scrap, lol.

LDForget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 19:21   #3
G60ING
Veteran Member

G60ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 19:24   #4
G60ING
Veteran Member

G60ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 09:49   #5
smilesyota

thanks that is a big help! might get this running tonight. It has been out of the car for three years in a shed! the shifter will not move left to right hope i can get the trans moving. Thanks again guys.
smilesyota is offline   Reply With Quote