5382 RNS-510 Navigation Firmware Upgrade

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
It was working when I posted it back in 2019.

I found this post in tdiclub by a member who's offering it.

Try PM'ing him.
thank you!

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
Top thumbs up to Jay for helping me out of this quandary AND saving me some pain and ducats at the dealer!
Cheers, Jay!
PS TDIClub to the rescue, again!

krazykipa

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI (RIP), 2006 Jetta Wagon TDI
Top thumbs up to Jay for helping me out of this quandary AND saving me some pain and ducats at the dealer!
Cheers, Jay!
PS TDIClub to the rescue, again!
Glad you got it sorted. Any specific tips for future adventurers? Sharing is caring!

For reference, this thread (use Google Translate) seems to have all the 5238 goodies you could ever want, available for free download.

Mammadov

TDI
Passat Sel 2014
I do have the 5382 firmware update and the 8534 V.12M latest NAV MAP update disk if anyone is looking for a copy.
$25 via FTP server or $30 mailed to you for the firmware update disk and $50 via FTP server or $60 mailed to you for the NAV Map disc.
Thank you.
HI Jayski, i want to upgrade my RNS510, i dont need in map, if i update my rns, wil my sound system work correctly? my RNS powered by FENDER
RNS 510
SW4369
SSD

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
Hi, yes the firmware should resolve this assuming the amp isn't damaged.
Please send me an email and I can help.

j a y s k i 9 9 @ h o t m a i l . c o m

Without the spaces. Thank you.

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
Hi Gary,
I've been emailing you back and forth for a few days now. Please check your junk mail folder?
Thanks,
Jay

Jarrod B

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
I have all of the RNS-510 firmware updates. You can download the appropriate version for your unit from my server or I can mail the disc out to you. I can help you determine the correct version for your unit if you're unsure.

I also have the most current NAV update V.12M (version is 8534) and this is good for any RNS510 unit, it doesn't matter which firmware version you're running or how old your unit is.

I do also have the VIM hack also but you can get that from a number of sites anyways. It's free if you want it.

Message me if you're looking for any updates or have any RNS510 issues. There hasn't been a unit I couldn't assist with to date.
do you still have the firmware? i think the latest is 5382.

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
Just a quick reminder to anyone experiencing bootup issues, random reboots, distorted Fender bootup image, wonky Bluetooth connectivity, slow backup camera, etc. I can assist if you reach out to me via email. I don't always receive message notifications in this forum for some reason.
Thank you!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Someone trying to get rich !

I can get this mailed to me on a CD/DVD for $ 30.00 from the USA. Did that 2 years ago and it came with a VIM disk with software which would let you watch videos while under way. The OEM will not allow video playing in motion.
To anyone still interested, I shared them on dropbox in another thread here:
https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.ph...-update-sw-v4366-download.498454/post-5817093

Money would be nice (LOL), but honestly, I don't want anyone's money. I didn't pay for these, and neither should y'all.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Glad you got it sorted. Any specific tips for future adventurers? Sharing is caring!

For reference, this thread (use Google Translate) seems to have all the 5238 goodies you could ever want, available for free download.
And if you read through that page, it specifies it is NOT for North American RNS-510 headunits. More than likely, those firmware revisions just won't load. Worst case scenario, you'll brick your headunit.

Mantasel

TDI
I do have the 5382 firmware update and the 8534 V.12M latest NAV MAP update disk if anyone is looking for a copy.
$25 via FTP server or $30 mailed to you for the firmware update disk and $50 via FTP server or $60 mailed to you for the NAV Map disc.
Thank you.
RNS 510 SW Update 5382 needed

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
Please send me an email to j a y s k i 9 9 @ h o t m a i l dotttt c o m

For some reason I don't always get notified when there's a new comment added in this thread, as is the case in this instance, I wasn't notified I just happened to see it today when searching the forum.
Thank you

krazykipa

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI (RIP), 2006 Jetta Wagon TDI
And if you read through that page, it specifies it is NOT for North American RNS-510 headunits. More than likely, those firmware revisions just won't load. Worst case scenario, you'll brick your headunit.
Fair enough, here is the part from VW to order for the NAR 5382 update disc:

5N0919360BCDROM

And the V12M maps are 7L6919859, available for around the same price: https://www.ebay.com/p/1922081286

Alternatively I'd give it another year or two before someone finally posts free dumps online.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Hi, I need 5382 firmware for VW 3C0 035 684 Q HW: H27 SW: 5378 , please share the link, thanks!! mantas.puskorius@gmail.com
I bought it on ebay and I've been too lazy to create an ISO for it, or rather, test it out first and then make an ISO. But I'd stick it on here for free. No need to email me (I don't want your money).

Autoban777

TDI
2015 passat
I’m in the GTA and looking for a copy. Problem is I can’t get past my frozen screen to determine what my software version is. Any suggestions?