www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2015

TDIFest 2015 Discussion about TDIFest 2015 on the Labour Day weekend (September 4-6, 2015) at the Jordan Grand Hotel at Sunday River Ski Resort in Newry, Maine.

Old July 12th, 2015, 20:32   #136
john.jackson9213
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1996 B4V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
Yes, it's about 1K miles round trip and well worth the drive, just make sure you have your passports. I don't know if you camp or not but the camping out there is excellent and there are a few places you can get right on the water. I have more than enough camping gear to lend if needed.

We have plenty of spare room and you're welcome to use our house as a base from which to sightsee, and I can take some time off for tours of the local area. No need to spend extra for hotel rooms and eating out if you don't want. We can also hook you up with acoutrements that would make your excursions more enjoyable. Maine is great that time of year and worth taking the time to visit.

We just got back from visiting relatives on PEI and go there 3-4 times per year. Even coming from Maine it's a spectacular place to visit and worth the 7-8 hour drive each way.
I just may take you up on some of that. Camping is not something Anita will tolerate any more, unless it is at a Holiday Inn or the like. Even driving across the country and back is not anything she wants to do. She may go one way with me, but not both ways. She likely will drive to Montreal with me and then fly home or fly to Italy and spend some time with family there. Looks like I will be driving by myself most of the way. Which is fine. I would not mind tossing the tent/sleeping bag, etc in the wagon. Even toying with getting and older Coleman tent trailer for the trip.

One thing I need to look at this year is a cruise from Boston to Montreal. Could be a good way to sample the Maritime Provinces. Fly into Boston, take a cruise to Montreal. The TDIFest could fit very nicely into that trip. Kind of hopped to do that in 2013, but it did not happen. Montreal is only a couple of hundred miles from Newry, Maine. Anita would go for that, no problem.
1996 B4V, Hella E-Codes, GLX leather, EuroTuning.cz 02A 6 speed conversion w/.71 5th and .588 6th gear, A4 shift linkage by Matt-98AHU. 11 mm pump by Oldpoopie. Now, GTC1549VZ turbo by Whitbread. TDtuning, 24 lbs. boost, 162 hp, 285 lb/ft tq. Smoke Free (9/18/15). Koni Yellows and Big Brake 5 lug conversion.

Last edited by john.jackson9213; July 12th, 2015 at 20:41.
john.jackson9213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 07:49   #137
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39/46, usually 41

Is it just me? I am trying to register. I made the arrangements for my room, registered what kind of user I am (you need a 'hopeless' category!), and I am now trying to say the meals that I want, the Mt. Washington drive, and zip line if they've got it.

WHERE?!
'05 5sp Golf GLS TDI - Rocket Chipped to 1.5, NB hoop style headrests, Mud Flaps, Euro style sideview mirrors (They're blind spotless!), and Koni FSD's (Talk about smoothing the bumps AND tightening the curves!!!)
Don't know how to use the search function? Click Here!
BeetleGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 09:20   #138
millere5815
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 Jetta
Fuel Economy: average 53, Best 59.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleGo View Post
Is it just me? I am trying to register. I made the arrangements for my room, registered what kind of user I am (you need a 'hopeless' category!), and I am now trying to say the meals that I want, the Mt. Washington drive, and zip line if they've got it.
WHERE?!

Is this what you are looking for?https://events.tdiclub.com/event_info.php?id=2015001
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 300k+ miles, Bosio DLC 1019 Injector Nozzles, 5 speed swap, .658 5th gear, SB stage 2 daily, single mass flywheel, PD150 intake, EGR delete, 1.8T pancake pipe, 11mm IP, VNT17 Turbo, TacoTaco SMIC, 3 bar map, Malone Stage 4 tune w/ Dynamic Idle, De-cat w/ high flow muffler 156HP, 298FT/LB

millere5815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 10:00   #139
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Where do I say which meal/event I want to attend?
'05 5sp Golf GLS TDI - Rocket Chipped to 1.5, NB hoop style headrests, Mud Flaps, Euro style sideview mirrors (They're blind spotless!), and Koni FSD's (Talk about smoothing the bumps AND tightening the curves!!!)
Old July 13th, 2015, 10:08   #140
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Ok, and why has my avatar switched to PeterV's?!
Old July 13th, 2015, 10:44   #141
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Call me and I'll walk you through it.
Old July 14th, 2015, 04:48   #142
Lug_Nut
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 116 mpg(e), 36 mpg gas, 100 mpg combined

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleGo View Post
I'm going up to Prince Edward Island after the fest. Yep, Sunday River is a great way to start a road trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon View Post
That's a great idea. I've been threatening to go to Nova Scotia for years. Just need medical papers for Parker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john.jackson9213 View Post
Think I will also tack on Nova Scotia if I add a third week to the vacation. It is what, about 1000 miles round trip from Maine?
And I'm trying to decide if to go the week before, or the week after....

Svante Arrhenius 1896

Cogito ergo soy (I think, therefore: Biodiesel)
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 06:38   #143
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Fuel Economy: And the miles just keep ticking away

Week after, just in case another TDI decides to toss a timing belt on the way to the Fest.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 11:36   #144
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Hmmm, I'm seeing an interesting trend!
Old July 15th, 2015, 06:31   #145
Nash_TDI
Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: 63.25mpg max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
Week after, just in case another TDI decides to toss a timing belt on the way to the Fest.
That was interesting. Props to the guys that busted it out.
PD Cam tools, BSM tool, VE & PD TB tool rental available.
Nash_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2015, 06:40   #146
AndyBees
Veteran Member

As I previously posted, unfortunately, we will not be attending the 2015 TDI Fest.

So, this morning I canceled reservations at the Rostay motel which is located 4.9 miles from the event hotel and 1.7 miles from downtown Bethel. We had reservations there because we would have been bringing our Schnauzer along.

If anyone is needing a room away from the event hotel, from what I have read about the Rostay and others have stated, it appears to be a good place to stay.

As I recall, the rate is $1 less than the event hotel for Friday and Saturday night with a $20.00 drop for Sunday night.

http://www.rostay.com/rates.htm

Address: 186 Mayville Rd, Bethel, ME 04217
Phone:(207) 824-3111

They do own a TDI and as I understand, it is for sale (03 Jetta I believe.).

I'm sorry we cannot attend the event!
Old July 21st, 2015, 07:26   #147
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash_TDI View Post
That was interesting. Props to the guys that busted it out.
And to Jon for towing the car to Maine from where was it, Vermont?
Old July 24th, 2015, 20:10   #148
rangeroad
Veteran Member

Reading up on the TDI fest and am thinking of going. Caught a few posts here about folks wanting to check out Nova Scotia. I would like to promote this beautiful province as best I can....it's great! However, you will encounter:

the.worst.roads.in.NorthAmerica.,
especially in the Halifax area.

Don't say I didn't warn ya! ; )
rangeroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2015, 20:30   #149
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeroad View Post
…the.worst.roads.in.NorthAmerica...
Come to Baltimore…
Old July 24th, 2015, 20:30   #150
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Fuel Economy: And the miles just keep ticking away

You have obviously never been to Maine, where we have statewide contest to see who has the worst roads. They put a thin coat of paint on them every 6 years but that's not close to being enough. Couple the crappy job with frost heaves due to deep freezes and ledge, and some roads are almost impassable.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote