DSG Fluid Change,Did it Myself

dodgevid

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
Took me about 4 hours today to change my DSG Transmission fluid including the trip to Sears to pick up a 14mm hex for the main drain,Got all of my supplies from ESC Tuning and a Vag-Com from Rosstech ok my question has anyone else did this oil change,I had to remove my battery and housing including part of the air intake just to be able to access the filter that is right below the battery,Does anyone know of a easier way to get at the DSG filter housing,the fluid change was easy, but removing all of the stuff in the way took a couple hours By the way going by the temp on Vag Com that bentley manual says my Car held 5.1liters of Transmission Fluid which looks very much like hydraulic fluid

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
I did mine back in December.. Same thing.. remove battery and air-cleaner to get to the filter... Made my own filler with an extra fill plug and some creativity. Old fluid looked smelled and tasted like the new.

Brett20

TDI
Golf TDI 110
Hi
I drained the tranny fluid from my son's 2003 Golf TDI by mistake and need to get it back in !
The gearbox only has one drain hole in the bottom, if I get another drain plug and drill and fit a hose fitting to it , and attach a lenght of hose . Do I then just pour the fluid back in via this adapted drain plug fitting ?

What stops it all pouring back out when I go to change the adapted drain plug over with the original one ?

Thanks.

dany_ro

TDI
Jetta 2006
Dsg Maintenance Cost

Ordered the DSG parts and oil today from my local stealership. $196....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

$19.95 per liter for the oil and $50 for the filter.

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
Brett20 said:
I drained the tranny fluid from my son's 2003 Golf TDI by mistake and need to get it back in !
Are we talking about DSG (did they install dsg with '03 Golfs?) or standard manual tranny? If you refer to the latter, AFAIR you should be able to pour the fluid through the hole where the reverse switch is.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
maloosheck said:
Are we talking about DSG (did they install dsg with '03 Golfs?) or standard manual tranny? If you refer to the latter, AFAIR you should be able to pour the fluid through the hole where the reverse switch is.
The 03 5-speeds have a fill plug... The autos have a fill spot where the dipstick would be if it had one..