Anyone used Liqui Moly 4100 5w40 oil

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Obviously mongler98 your a skeptic the ones that cry the most are the ones that never tryed it or are scared of trying it on there car. i dont care i know it worked for my TDI and no stealer did this job it was me that used the kit and did the oil/filter change afterword.
your completely missing the point. im sceptic that you claim your car was in fit working order. the treatment you did obviously worked and looks like a great product to clean the intake/EGR area vs physically taking parts off to clean them (thats a PITA) so i would definitely point this product out to those who can use it. but its not a power adder, its a tool to fix and bring back the lost power you never had due to age and use. just don't do making claims that are not true like "it gave me more power" and "my car had no issues"

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
your completely missing the point. im sceptic that you claim your car was in fit working order. the treatment you did obviously worked and looks like a great product to clean the intake/EGR area vs physically taking parts off to clean them (thats a PITA) so i would definitely point this product out to those who can use it. but its not a power adder, its a tool to fix and bring back the lost power you never had due to age and use. just don't do making claims that are not true like "it gave me more power" and "my car had no issues"
I never had issues with my 2012 TDI uther than the fact it was bought used by me some of the service records shown to me showed near the end of trading in this vehicle the person extended there last 2 oil & filter changes too nearly 10.000 kms not teribly bad news just something i knew i had to clean up & do an engine Flush using BG EPR & DOC oil additive to clean up any minor sludge & have a fresh clean engine start to have That's All.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKsMxoxTJ4g

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
dunno man, 10k mi is the recommended interval, that's a sight more than 10k km

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Isnt the change interval 10,000km or 1 year which ever comes first? According to the manual at least.
so, a touchy subject for sure with lots of arguments and debates

long story short, yes all 3 are correct, 10,000 miles or 10,000 Km or 1 year
WHY? because the manual says so.
NOT!!!!!
Because marketing BS and oil tycoon whatamahoozits and a bunch of generalizations by VW to say, we expect this to do this for this long under normal driving habits and conditions. AKA a good guideline for right down the middle of the road maintenance

the reality is that all the older type TDI's can easily reach 13k to 15K miles on a synthetic oil with it still being within spec on its lubricity and viscosity range. that goes for most diesels
Is it unsafe to keep oil around in your car regardless of miles based solely on years? no that's complete BS. its been proven that age does not make any difference. heat does!

IMO however, change your oil as frequent as you love the car.
I spent the $ on 6 oil analysis' and came to the conclusion that at 16K on mobile one i was starting to fall out of spec. i changed the oil at 13,500 at that point.
some of the new oils we have out there now really will perform properly for up to 20K. the reason we stop at 20K is that the oil filter is spent.

DieterLange

TDI
2004 Mk5 Golf 2.0 TDI (BKD)
so, a touchy subject for sure with lots of arguments and debates

long story short, yes all 3 are correct, 10,000 miles or 10,000 Km or 1 year
WHY? because the manual says so.
NOT!!!!!
Because marketing BS and oil tycoon whatamahoozits and a bunch of generalizations by VW to say, we expect this to do this for this long under normal driving habits and conditions. AKA a good guideline for right down the middle of the road maintenance

the reality is that all the older type TDI's can easily reach 13k to 15K miles on a synthetic oil with it still being within spec on its lubricity and viscosity range. that goes for most diesels
Is it unsafe to keep oil around in your car regardless of miles based solely on years? no that's complete BS. its been proven that age does not make any difference. heat does!

IMO however, change your oil as frequent as you love the car.
I spent the $ on 6 oil analysis' and came to the conclusion that at 16K on mobile one i was starting to fall out of spec. i changed the oil at 13,500 at that point.
some of the new oils we have out there now really will perform properly for up to 20K. the reason we stop at 20K is that the oil filter is spent.
True, but Ill still stick with my yearly oil change.

FS0404

TDI
2007 MK5 1.9TDI 105, 2007 A4 2.0TDI 170
Excellent oil

On the hunt for some 5w40 505 01 oil and I was wondering if anyone recommends or has some advice about Liqui Moly Top Tec 4100 oil. Any other oil recommendation are more than welcome.
Top tec 4100 is one of the best oils you can put in a PD engine, i have my parts shop store and i’ve had many satisfied customers that don’t change this oil for any other, recently i’ve also put it in my Golf 5 1.9tdi BLS, for the first time using 5w40 as it has been serviced with 5w30 507.00 previously. The engine works perfectly with it.

miningman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
Is there a reason so many posters on this thread seem to be incapable of basic punctuation???. Is this pure laziness or lack of sufficient knowledge on the basic rules.??

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Is there a reason so many posters on this thread seem to be incapable of basic punctuation???. Is this pure laziness or lack of sufficient knowledge on the basic rules.??
??? well??? I ??? tend???? to ??? ignore it ???? when it ????? is obviously superfluous????

no reason to bother when it's only a couple lines

wildn

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI wagon 5spd! 2011 Jetta JSW TDI DSG
I've been using liquid moly stuff; engine flush, diesel purge, super diesel addtive and the 4100 and standard 5w-40

the ol' ALH got a little quiter/smoother(little better mpg) but that's my two cents

DieterLange

TDI
Thought I would ask here rather than start a new thread.
Firstly I know that OEM transmission oil is best but its pretty hard to get here and expensive. Thinking of going with Fuchs Titan Sintofluid https://lubricants-ils.com.au/product/fuchs-titan-sintofluid-fe-75w/, this should work fine with my gearbox right? (6-speed manual with 205,000km never had an oil change I think).

Last edited:

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
yeah, pretty much any modern thin viscosity GL4 is good

GL5 is bad

DieterLange

TDI
Would you happen to know the capacity for the gearbox? Also is there a diffrence between 75W80 and 75W90 gear oil (apart from the viscosity), which one is better?

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
GL-4. That sintofluid fe is the right stuff.