RiversideVwParts is now online offering OE (Original Equipment) parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Well, Wuste was a heck of an event.

The cruise to Mt. Charleston was nice and relaxed. I think only one person got pulled over (that I saw anyways).

The drive up and back were a bit taxing though, the outside temp topped at about 113*. Enough to give this pastey white boy a nice sunburn.

I wanted to thank everyone that placed orders and took advantage of our free delivery to the event. Assuming I am still around, I will be making the same offer to anyone interested.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
So I just ran across a situation with online orders that I figured I should make known here.

A customer from TDIClub placed an order for a coded (AKA keyed or built to VIN) ignition cylinder for an 03 Beetle.

Unfortunately, coded lock cylinders and keys can not be ordered over the internet from me.

The State of California requires me to get a verify ownership of the vehicle and identity and to keep a copy of this proof for 7 years. The only I can truly verify identity is to physically check the government issued ID, Drivers License or Passport.

That means it is not something I can do over the internet, email, or fax. I know it is a hassle and I sincerely apologize, But anyone who has seen Gone in 60 Seconds (the recent version with Nicolas Cage) is familiar with the "boxer" type guy who works at the Mercedes dealership and gets the keys for the thieves.

Well, I may not be a very pretty guy, but I wouldn't do too well in prison.

I hope you understand the situation I am in when it comes to these two items.

Ryki

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI GLS
I ordered a 40K service and new wiper blades from Robert and he was wonderfully helpful with part numbers and was ridiculously prompt about packaging it and sending it to me! It was a pleasure speaking to him and dealing with him and I appreciate having a helping hand at the dealer : )

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
A couple of screws for the lower pollen filter cover?

Even shipping the smallest and lightest of packages through Fedex is pricey.

However I will tel you what I can do. I will put them in a padded envelope for you and send them through the USPS system.

Unfortunately that would mean there would not be a tracking number.

But if you wanted to order them, I can assure you it would get handled.

Just add $1 for the postage. So for two wing nuts plus postage, you would be looking at $6.64

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
A couple of screws for the lower pollen filter cover?

Even shipping the smallest and lightest of packages through Fedex is pricey.

However I will tel you what I can do. I will put them in a padded envelope for you and send them through the USPS system.

Unfortunately that would mean there would not be a tracking number.

But if you wanted to order them, I can assure you it would get handled.

Just add $1 for the postage. So for two wing nuts plus postage, you would be looking at $6.64
That is was the problem min 8.95 FED EX .....This sounds great! you have a PM

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
After some hounding on my business office, I finally have the ball rolling for USPS Flat rate and Priority mailing...

I should have some MUCH cheaper shipping options available by the end of the week.

Unfortunately, the cheapest option we will be able to get with tracking information is going the be the 4.95 flat rate shipping.

Once the USPS shipping option is available, we should also be able to ship to our Northern (Canada) and Southern (Mexico) customers as well.

So look forward to cheaper shipping updates from us.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
So it looks like USPS shipping may not be a viable option after all.

The Medium Flat rate shipping price is 11.95 and the Large flat rate shipping box is $15.95

I will continue trying to find cheaper shipping alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.