Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Txst

Veteran Member
TDI
Shadow Blue 06 Jetta TDI
$2.39/gal (Shell) here in S.A. for D2. RUG is around $2.05- 2.10

I filled up my Caravan with RUG for $2.01 at Sam'sclub with my Sam's card.

ltstanfo

TDI
2004 Passat GL Sedan
$2.48 in Huntsville, AL at either Cowboy or Mustang gas stations. If you go to "mainstream" diesel suppliers (BP, Chevron, etc..) add .10 to .15 cents.

As an aside, RUG is $1.98 at discount gas stations and $2.10 at namebrand stations.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

JustLuckey

Veteran Member
TDI
Non-VW: 2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Sept 27, 2006:
Montague, NJ
RUG: $2.299
D2: $2.439

Oct 8th, 2006
Montague, NJ
RUG: $2.15
D2: $2.31

Oct 12, 2006
Montague, NJ
RUG: $2.07
D2: $2.27 (not ULSD yet)

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
$2.45 at Southern States in Hunt Valley, Maryland this week for D2. Most other area stations are at least $0.15 more a gallon for D2

DesertV10

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 V10
$2.69 for ULSD B5 (Sinclair) or ULSD D2 (Union 76) in Boulder City, NV (outside Las Vegas), RUG $2.55, premium gas $2.75.

MrPolak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle TDI
$2.39 at Wally-World (Murphy USA). Regular gas is $2.05. My TDI seems to like Murphy fuel. :)

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
Hookstra said:
According to my wife, $2.299 at the flying J off of I-95 exit 104 just north of Richmond, VA.
__. Paid $2.27 at the "Mr Fuel" across I-95 at the same exit today. Didn't check the Flying J price but it's usually a little lower than the others at that exit.
'

BillsTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI with DSG
I saw D2 for $2.43 around I-40 exit 150 near Burlington, NC. In and around Raleigh it runs about 2.55 to 2.79. At some stations, the RUG is 60 cents less than D2. I think we're getting hosed.

bubbanc

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, DSG, Pkg #2
MrPolak said:
$2.39 at Wally-World (Murphy USA). Regular gas is $2.05. My TDI seems to like Murphy fuel. :)
$2.51 at the Murphy USA Walmart in Clayton, NC. I agree with Bill, I think we're getting screwed! :)

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
dnstommy said:
Amazing that the easiest and cheapest to refine fuel is the most expensive.
If it was truly the easiest and cheapest to refine, then every refiner would be making more of it.

Probably they will be... but it takes time and lots of money to convert an existing refinery or to build a new one.

dnstommy

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
In the act of distilling oil into fuel I think diesel is on level 2 and gasoline is on level 6. It takes much more energy and work to make gas as apposed to diesel.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
HFSH said:
Still 2.559 around Madison WI. LSD, not ULSD.
The deadline was yesterday, the 15th. It's all ULSD, despite the signage, except in a a limited number of cases. Unless the sign on the pump says "Not for Use in 2007 Models...", then it's ULSD.

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
damn you omaha....

2006-10-13 - $2.509 for B20 at Sapp Bros, Omaha NE
2006-10-15 - $2.299 for D2 at Fuel Man, on I-70 in Missouri

Vitoarc

TDI
2006 Jetta
North Carolinians Write Senator Dole!

In Durham, I just paid $2.69 for D2 and the RUG price was $2.19! :mad: I am outraged! :mad: Rather than come home and kick the dog, I E mailed Senator Dole on the Senator's website. It's easy, and something has to be done about this! Everyone in NC who is paying above RUG prices, let's all write the Senators, get something done! Take action!

trapperkeeper

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK4, Jetta MK5
Still getting F'd in VT

RUL = $2.11, LSD = $2.69. No ULSD to be found anywhere. It's been a warm fall and expected to be a warm winter, distallate stocks are way high so what gives? Disappointed would be an understatement. And all this talk and hopes of more diesel cars next year that I see on the forums has me more worried. More diesel vehicles = even higher diesel prices in the near-term. And there just aren't enough of "us" now or in the near future to have enough of a voice to make an impact on the diesel prices. I foolishly thought when I bought my 1st diesel last year that since all the trucks and farmers used diesel that they would help keep prices in check. Then I woke up and realized that any higher diesel cost just gets passed on through the products that are produced or shipped! Ticks me off since all my Prius friends can run RUL and get the same MPGs as me and it costs me 20-25% more than them in fuel. If this whole "screw the diesel users" mentality doesn't get resolved soon, I also doubt that we'll see many more diesel vehicles being sold in the future. O.k., my rant is done... :)

laredo7mm

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
trapperkeeper said:
RUL = $2.11, LSD = $2.69. ....O.k., my rant is done... :)
I agree 100% with your rant. I think "we" diesel drivers are only about 4% of the vehicles sold so who knows what small percentage of the total diesel fuel used we are. But the high diesel prices will never get main stream media attention unless it directly affects the masses. Most people are too oblivious to realize how the high diesel prices affect everyone.

$2.43 here in S.W. Michigan the last time I filled up, but I think the prices are on the rise to around $2.49

GaGolfSup

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
In Durham, I just paid $2.69 for D2 and the RUG price was $2.19! :mad: I am outraged! :mad: Rather than come home and kick the dog, I E mailed Senator Dole on the Senator's website. It's easy, and something has to be done about this! Everyone in NC who is paying above RUG prices, let's all write the Senators, get something done! Take action!
Why is it the responsibility of politicians? Why is fuel any different than any other product? Do you write your senator about the price of bottled water, which is way more ridiculously priced than fuel? I don't like the high prices any more than you do, but overregulating prices is not the answer. In fact high prices are the only true motivation this country has to develop alternatives to petroleum.

jayp111

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
GaGolfSup said:
Why is it the responsibility of politicians? Why is fuel any different than any other product? Do you write your senator about the price of bottled water, which is way more ridiculously priced than fuel? I don't like the high prices any more than you do, but overregulating prices is not the answer. In fact high prices are the only true motivation this country has to develop alternatives to petroleum.
IMHO part of the problem has been deregulation to some degree....there is a general lack of competition in the field due to a consolidation of companies that has largely been allowed by regulator at both the state and fed level.

More competition is GOOD for the public and the State/Fed need to step in and prevent monopolization of the industry.

GaGolfSup

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
I agree competition is good. The oil companies are not a monopoly by any means. It would be nice if there were a few more companies, but the real problem lies in the sources of oil. There are very few countries that produce the majority of oil. The only way around this is to come up with alternatives to oil and conservation. Then we would have some REAL competition for the oil companies.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
GaGolfSup said:
I agree competition is good. The oil companies are not a monopoly by any means. It would be nice if there were a few more companies, but the real problem lies in the sources of oil. There are very few countries that produce the majority of oil. The only way around this is to come up with alternatives to oil and conservation. Then we would have some REAL competition for the oil companies.
Ding ding ding. He's right.

Imagine when Russia decides to sell its oil and other natural resources...