200,000 mile club... roll call!

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
Hit 200k miles 2 weeks ago. Mileage has significantly decreased over the last 2-3 years with the addition
of the Jeep, and Judy's "21 Tacoma doing the towing of our new larger R-pod camper. Put a 1000 miles on the
Taco last week on a trip to Maine to visit her ageing mother. The 4x4 was handy in the 10" of snow we hit.
The Golf wouldn't have handled it.
The Golf probably needs better tires, takes a lot more than 10" to stop a MK4 ;)

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
"The Golf probably needs better tires "

We don't get enough snow here in SE PA to warrant a seperate set of tires. I fire up the Jeep locally for snow and ice,
but with climate change, it's happening a lot less than when I was a kid. For the winters I spent
in the 1000 Islands, it's 2 miles over the ice, snowshoes are what I wore, lol, and a long stick to check on
the state of the surface.

Back in the "good old days" there used to be a route from Clayton NY to Gananoque ON over the ice. It's been a
long time though since Lake Ontario froze solid.

Sting

My 03 Jetta Wagon is just hitting 696K km (432K miles). Still original engine and trans, pulling strong. Just did injection pump seals over the summer.

I'm the third owner... My buddy had it from about 150K to 527K by August of 2020, when he gave it to me.

It's simple and I love it. Got a spare engine ready for whenever it needs a swap. 👍🏻

shoebear

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon, 2005 New Beetle, 2013 Sportwagen
My 03 Jetta Wagon is just hitting 696K km (432K miles). Still original engine and trans, pulling strong. Just did injection pump seals over the summer.
I figure when I hit 500K miles, I will have gotten my money's worth. :D

Last edited:

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
The Golf probably needs better tires, takes a lot more than 10" to stop a MK4 ;)

I agree. If you keep er movin and have decent tread on your tires 10"+ is manageable as long as you have momentum or traction beneath the snow. I've been plowing through enough that I had it coming over the hood to the point visibility was not great at all. Thankfully the hwy's were plowed that time. Hitting drifts is pretty fun too until they pull you towards the ditch😜.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Last xmas eve a streamer off Georgian Bay dumped 5 feet in 8 hours. The highway was plowed but the off ramp wasn't. My son took the ramp at 120km/h in his wagon, made it less than 250 feet :oops:
Oh god i remember that. I was on my way up to Sudbury and crossing through Parry Sound and it just went white out. Couldnt see anything, following seeing a truck I could barely see and not stopping. Made the mistake of getting off at the Georgian Bay truck stop with the petro. Surprised I didnt get stuck getting off, getting back on the highway was a fun time. After like 15 minutes, it was clear.