Turbo swap question

kappasam

TDI
2002 Golf/Jetta front clip swap
Hey guys I found the CT12A twin turbos from a 1jz for sale.

Wondering if I can swap a single turbo into my a4 tdi, or twin turbos if the engine can handle it (lol)

Asking to know if it’s possible, with space limits& that. Thanks

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I wouldn't. The 1JZ twins were never that great. They have ceramic turbine wheels that like to come apart under moderate boost.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Short answer no.
Long answere it will probably cost 2x as more as a good old vtn17 upgrade in parts to make it work. Tune and other supporting mods.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
vnt17, gtb1756vk if you feel like spending a bit more and want more top end/need a larger turbine for a heavier application (to manage EGTs).

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Twins are for people with empty wallets and tons of time and looking for all out. For the street, VNT17's, GTB turbo's, PD150 turbo's will give you all the car can handle, and be fun without having to do major engine and drivetrain modifications. If you go twins, I see a part out coming up.